• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 VID

madmike0408

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
376
So I just threw my system together and when I bought this I asked about the VID of it and Crosshairs didn't know what it was, its 1.1625V. All the other ones I have had were 1.325 and they overclocked like a dream, what should I expect out of this chip? Will 4Ghz be possible since it's going to be under water?
 
I know what the VID is. It's 1.1625V. I know thats pretty low. My question is do you guys think under water if I can get 4Ghz out of it.
 
oh miss read the first post... lol
I would try doing it slowly... Dont want to fry anything
 
Better make sure thats not with any power saving or down clocking features on, cause thats incredibly low for a Q6600...i bet thats the VID with Speed Step and C1E both enabled.
 
Better make sure thats not with any power saving or down clocking features on, cause thats incredibly low for a Q6600...i bet thats the VID with Speed Step and C1E both enabled.

probably right on that.

My Q6600 has a VID of 1.275, but is capable of doing 3Ghz (333x9) undervolted to 1.215v. She runs cool at that, loads at 35c. But I keep her at 400x9 @ 1.41v and never break 50c.

Really a crap shoot on OC'ing potential. Seen some low VID chips not clock for shit.
 
probably right on that.

My Q6600 has a VID of 1.275, but is capable of doing 3Ghz (333x9) undervolted to 1.215v. She runs cool at that, loads at 35c. But I keep her at 400x9 @ 1.41v and never break 50c.

Really a crap shoot on OC'ing potential. Seen some low VID chips not clock for shit.

not to threadjack, but what mobo are you using?
 
My old q6600 had a vid of 1.2v and i had it as high as 4.2ghz at 1.6v. Ran it daily at 3.6(400x9) with 1.4v on water.

FYI a LOW vid is better than a high vid.
 
Everything I've read suggests the lower the vid, the better & cooler the o/c.
 
The VID really doesn't make a difference once you start getting into higher overclocks. The only way to know how good your chip is would be to go ahead and test it out.
 
Probably 3.6 easy max around 3.8->4.2.


My VID is 1.225. I'm happy with it. Run 8*400 stock volts (1.225).
 
Back
Top