Q6600 temps

Ok let me say this then:

Stock Cooler is around 49c and a Scythe Infinity is around 58c at idle....

Am I right to be concerned with these temps?

duh, your aftermarket cooler should cool much better than stock. How long has it been running like this?

I have seen my core2duo go to 96cand its been over 6months since that has happen , not only that it ran for 5 hours at that temp , peole worry about temps too much , i wouldnt worry if on idle its at 80c and inform intel about it , when you do they will say its ok till 100c.

Graphic cards and cpus are both made from narly the same silcion and the graphic cards are ok to run till 140c after that they start to throttle down.

I got the highest overclock on air at the timei did this to my cpu and was on the highest overclock till the 680i boards showed up , which was around four months after , if anything i did learn through this was that take the temps shown to you as a guidline band remember that laptops have the same chip and they are ok to run at 90c-110c and thats the outer temp and not the core temp your seeing.;) which is always 20c more

I have seen my core2duo go to 96cand its been over 6months since that has happen , not only that it ran for 5 hours at that temp , peole worry about temps too much , i wouldnt worry if on idle its at 80c and inform intel about it , when you do they will say its ok till 100c.

Graphic cards and cpus are both made from narly the same silcion and the graphic cards are ok to run till 140c after that they start to throttle down.

I got the highest overclock on air at the timei did this to my cpu and was on the highest overclock till the 680i boards showed up , which was around four months after , if anything i did learn through this was that take the temps shown to you as a guidline band remember that laptops have the same chip and they are ok to run at 90c-110c and thats the outer temp and not the core temp your seeing.;) which is always 20c more
:eek:

The temps I listed were from coretemp.

no it doesn't throttle at 86c , well not at core temp 86c, I have seen it with my own eyes , it throttles at about 99c, don't worry , remember you have a quad and the quad takes twice more wattage and this means heat , if you are that worried i would ask intel myself .

If it happened to me I wouldn't be worried. The old PC,s use to run much hotter than what we have today. I have a sythe infinity and I rememerb that I had to file one of the sides so I can fit it my mobo , which is a evga 680i.

Make sure there is nothing obstructing the scythe infinity 's mounting

Are you using Arctic SIlver 5? I know Scythe included this nasty white ceramic paste with my Ninja. The instructions for use called for the paste to be spread all around the surface and contrdicted most everything else I had read about thermal paste. Get AS5 and follow their directions on their site for making the line application as called for with dual or quad cores. Theres no way your Scythe should be amking temps higher.

Back