Q6600 temp problems

Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
1
Hi Folks, I've just upgraded to a GA-38X-DS5 MB, Q6600, sythe mine cooler, 2x1GB balistix PC8500 memory and 8800GT graphics card with a view to trying my hand at overclocking. I'm only running the system @ std clock at the moment but the temperatures are very high. With zero load all cores are sitting ~47 deg.C. With any load the temp jumps to the high 60's and low 70's and that's not even at full load.I have 2 120mm fans in the case 1 pulling air in from the front and 1 pushing air out at the back. There is also an 80mm fan pushing air out of the top. Inside the case feels quite cool. I would think the temps should be much cooler than that.
Any suggetions would be appreciated.
 
Well, first thing to check is that the HSF is seated properly with proper application of thermal compound. Also, do you have a B3 or G0 stepping on your quad? What is your vcore at?
 
Also what is the ambient termperature (room tempt)? My Q6600 G0 at 3.6 Ghz on 1.49 Vcore idle at 44-46 and full load on all 4 cores at 64-68 degrees Celcius. Room temp is around 84-87 F.
 
Back
Top