• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 sudden temp raise.

veldi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
184
As in topic. I normally have had atemps of 31 degrees celcius in idle on said cpu.

After some time they are at 38 celcius in idle as reported by coretemp.


I AM concerned. What the hell happened.


Hsf is clean, ive applied AS5 properly as well.


Any thoughts?
 
Well I am comparing temp when ambient temp is at 25C.

I am aware of connection between ambient temp and system temp, hehe :p
 
Now I'm thinking, maybe it's higher humidity of air involved ?
 
If this is after leaving the computer on for several hours/days, the heatsink will just soak up that much more heat... or one of your hold-downs could have gotten loose.
 
CPU's do not suddenly become hotter unless there is either for CPU usage, thermal conductivity is not applied properly or the HSF is not seated properly. Other then that, ambient room temps, humidity, location of case, defective fan or the fan settings are set to auto adjust depending on temps.
 
Back
Top