• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 Performance

  • Thread starter Deleted member 169154
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 169154

Guest
Processor: q6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte ep45-ed3r
RAM: 8GB 1066 OCZ Reaper
HSF: Scythe Mugen 2

I am playing around with my OC and I am trying to figure out if there is any real world performance difference between:

3.2 GHz:
355 FSB x 9
400 FSB x 8

I usually run my RAM in a 1:1 ratio.

I have been running this chip for over a year now. I am very conservative with my voltages (all at stock except for Vcore which is about 1.35V). I would like to run this chip for about 1.5 more years. So I am trying to find a compromise in performance and longevity.

I would like to run 3.4 with a 425 x 8, but am afraid at what I would have to do for stability and trying to keep this thing alive for potentially 2 more years.
 
Real world ? No.

You should be able to hit around 3.6 with a multi of 9 (400X9)
 
Running the FSB at 400 opposed to 355 may require a bump in VTT voltage for stability. But that depends on the chip. You won't notice any difference performance wise between the two settings. It will just give you different options for what speed you can run your ram at.
 
I actually meant keeping RAM at 1:1 in both cases.

What is a "safe" Vtt? I think the default on my board is 1.2V.

Edit: I notice when I change the CPU Termination it also changes the CPU Reference. Should I manually set it back 0.760V?

Also, how much up from 1.2V (increments of 0.02V) should I bump it for a FSB of 400MHz.

Also, my MCH Core is 1.1V and my ICH Core is 1.5V.

Edit 2: I bumped my CPU Termination to 1.3 (CPU Ref 0.823) and the MCH to 1.2 (MCH Ref 0.823). My CPU Pll is 1.5V. I don't think I am going to touch it.

Will changing the Termination and MCH to those voltages cause any real harm to the longevity of my CPU/MoBo?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top