• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 overclock on P5KC

pistyll

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
38
Hi,
just an update after a lot of faffing about with a Q6600 with a vid of 1.352v I ditched it in favour of a Q6600 with a vid of 1.2625v the original Q6600 was from L750B102 week batch it really was a lazy chip no matter what voltage you put through it and I managed to get hold of a L732A920 week batch chip with a vid of 1.2625v and see for yourself this little beauty really does fly!!!

my idle temps are 36 deg whilst benching it gets to 60-62deg

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr95/pistyll_2008/

I have performed a pencil mod trick on my P5KC and again after a lot of messing around I managed to minimise the Vdroop to miniscule proportions touch wood everything seems to be performing as it should at the moment!!!


those are the only screenies i have uploaded to photobucket at the moment it is stable playing crysis for several hours (which really does push any system to the edge) p95 stable after 3 hours i will post soon I relaxed the timings because the board would not post at tighter timings I am still experimenting but would welcome any positive input as to tweaking the bios settings to either (A) run at 4-4-4-12 2t timings or (B) full speed at 5-5-5-15 2t timings which are the timings printed on the memory heatspreader. Do you think the vcore is maybe holding back my system and would it benefit from a little more voltage if so what would be a safe upper limit for a Q6600 please??

Many Thanks
 
It won't be your vcore if you adjust timings. Try adjusting Northbridge/MCH voltages.
 
Back
Top