MittWaffen
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2008
- Messages
- 323
Alright guys, long time reader of these forums just registered because i need some help.
I followed the Q6600 trend and picked one up at the cost of trading my e6400 + 8800 GTS 320 a number of months ago. Anyway, i have a crap bios on this p5b-e with only being able to adjust vcore, fsb, and mem voltages. I have been able to get my Q6600 to 3.8 @ 1.58v (auto settings) which i quickly jumped out of once i saw the readings in windows. My FSB is 391 x 8 currently @ 3.12.
I dont know if its the p965 and less than 8 phase power causing this but i can stay stable at 3.14 ghz @ 1.43 volts which seems a little high. I can either run 3.12 @ ddr 975 - 5 5 4 12 or 3.22@ ddr 800 - 5 5 5 15.
My specs right now are
Q6600 G0 + AC 7
P5B-E latest bios
4GB mushkin xp2 8500
600 Watt ModX OCZ power supply
My question is if its the board causing this (high voltage and crappy over clocking, would a P5Q-pro be a proper alternative to reach my desired 3.5-3.6? Is it more likely the chip casing the issues with needing such high voltages and should I pickup a 8400 and use the same board?
Thanks!
I followed the Q6600 trend and picked one up at the cost of trading my e6400 + 8800 GTS 320 a number of months ago. Anyway, i have a crap bios on this p5b-e with only being able to adjust vcore, fsb, and mem voltages. I have been able to get my Q6600 to 3.8 @ 1.58v (auto settings) which i quickly jumped out of once i saw the readings in windows. My FSB is 391 x 8 currently @ 3.12.
I dont know if its the p965 and less than 8 phase power causing this but i can stay stable at 3.14 ghz @ 1.43 volts which seems a little high. I can either run 3.12 @ ddr 975 - 5 5 4 12 or 3.22@ ddr 800 - 5 5 5 15.
My specs right now are
Q6600 G0 + AC 7
P5B-E latest bios
4GB mushkin xp2 8500
600 Watt ModX OCZ power supply
My question is if its the board causing this (high voltage and crappy over clocking, would a P5Q-pro be a proper alternative to reach my desired 3.5-3.6? Is it more likely the chip casing the issues with needing such high voltages and should I pickup a 8400 and use the same board?
Thanks!