• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 Oem =|= Retail ?

Retail comes with a stock cooler and some other papers and OEM doesn't.

OEM has one year warranty and retail has three.

edit: hah, they actually put all that information up under the details tab. well, you know where to find it now.
 
Retail comes with a stock cooler and some other papers and OEM doesn't.

OEM has one year warranty and retail has three.

edit: hah, they actually put all that information up under the details tab. well, you know where to find it now.
OEM carries NO warranty from Intel, only whatever the store offers.
Retail carries three years, straight from Intel.
 
I bought my 3600+ X2 as an OEM, it was like $20 cheaper. But that was only like $60. If I were buying a Q6600, personally I'd take the 3 year warranty directly from Intel.
 
The ClubIT page under OEM lists a stock cooler????? Usually the OEM stuff I buy is bare of any retail goodies.

The warranty of the OEM is probably all ClubIT.....

You should call them and get the facts. That price is awesome, even better if they are throwing in a cooler.

Truthfully......when was the last time your CPU died under normal circumstances????
I have a 2002 P4 thats still as good as the day I got it.:eek:
 
Only CPU that's ever, ever died on me is a SktA 2500+ Barton, and even that was after years of heavily overclocked usage
 
OEM carries NO warranty from Intel, only whatever the store offers.
Retail carries three years, straight from Intel.
Hm, I didn't remember the numbers on the warranty so I just checked the details pages...I guess people just refer to the manufacturer warranty as the warranty in general.

Which could also explain why I missed the fact that ClubIT listed the stock cooler for the OEM chip. ><
 
Back
Top