• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 OC Questions

Garr3T

n00b
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
21
I'm having some issues overclocking my Q6600 proc. Im using an EVGA 680i SE Mobo, Corsair XMS memory, and the Zalman 9700 Heatsink, but for some reason I can not get it to run stable past 2.7 Ghz. Ive tried increasing the voltage, but once it gets into windows it just restarts. Is there something I'm missing here about my particular setup. I know its not heat related, i idle oc'd at about 30C and dont really see temps past 40C on a full load.

Any help would be appreciated
 
Loosen the ram timings.

I guess 680i gives Quads trouble though.

Make sure you aren't overclocking your ram too, this could be why.
 
Back
Top