Q6600 oc problems?

far-cry

n00b
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
33
I have q6600 SLACR processor, gigabyte p35 ds4 motherboard and Kingstan hyperX 1033 mhz ram. When I raise fsb and i apply before quiting bios, comp shuts down for about two seconds, after that it boot up automaticly and that's it... I tought that 2 secs will be only first time, but everytime i shut down comp, and when i press power button fans turn for a bit, that that 2 secs break again....what's wrong? Is that some "safe" option on MB or what?
 
My ABit IP35 does this, but it's a known thing. I guess the IP35 PRO's later BIOSes fixed that, but they didn't fix it for the vanilla one. Doesn't bother me much, just takes a few more moments while overclocking... each and every reboot :D.
It only does it on cold boots, for me. Reboots and resuming windows it doesn't.
 
My DFI does that whenever I change the ram speed or get to an unstable clock. You end up getting used to it, I guess it's a quirk w/ some of the newer chipsets.
 
I have a DFI infinity and they are supposed to do that. Check their site out. It has something to do with cycling from stock bios to modified bios and will do this when ever you change certain properties. Here's a link. Read the last post.:

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=153

Keep in mind , this is for DFI and may(not) apply to your board.
 
Back
Top