Q6600 OC Post

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
537
I am hoping to finish my build soon as I only need a motherboard and a GPU...I hope to reach 3.6GHz stable

Anyways I would like to see the OC some of you guys are reaching...Please post your OC GHz along with the cooler using and temps...VID might also help

I don't know what my VID because I have yet to install the CPU but my batch date is 3/31/08
 
hey whats up, 3.6 ghz isnt a given man specially if you have a b3 stepping, if you have a g0 then you may reach that speed but is still hard to get it there....i have a q6600 g0 stepping which is overclocked to 3.0 ghz and im pretty happy with it....here are the pictures, i hope it helps :

running prime95 small ftt's torture test :

2000547198120169707_rs.jpg


and this one is on idle :

2004687292328430641_rs.jpg


when you are running prime95 make sure you have round-off checking enabled, just go to advance when you run prime95 and enable round-off checking, i hope this helps friend ;)

about what cpu cooler im using its a thermaltake v1 and its running at medium speed all the time 1,780 rpm, on an antec 900 case with 5 fans ( 4 120mm fans and 1 200mm fan )
all set to low speed, if you have any other question just look at my sign.....:)
 
Q6600, 1.25 VID, Xigma 1283, running at 9x366, around ~60C with all four cores at 100% Prime95. My case cooling could be better to get the temp down a bit. This chip can post and load Windows at 3.6 however I did not want to keep screwing with it, so I did a few days of stress testing around 3.4GHz then backed it down to 3.3GHz for some overhead..
 
First read the sticky in this subforum......look up.

Then search for the thread with about a thousand listings in it regarding C2D and Quad OCs. This thread has all the info you desire, including MB type,voltages, and tests of stability.

I have had my Quad 6600 for about a year, G0 stepping,watercooled, 3.1Ghz at 1.45V,345FSB,multiplier 9. 3D load temps run 40C generally. Orthos x 4 will run about 5 degrees hotter, but I don't play Orthos.
I assume I could go higher, but I have a release 680i board and it doesn't like the quad core very much. I could OC a dual core much higher.
 
Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 (8 x 450) 1.44v full load. vid of 1.3, 12 hours dual orthos stable (one blend the other small fft)
Tuniq Tower - Temps max out at 68c
Asus P5K Premium
4GB OCZ SLI edition (2x 2GB) @ 2.1 900mhz 4-4-4-12
Oh ya - Vista ultimate x64 :D


I can push it a bit higher but temps go too high + I'm happy at 3.6, any G0 stepping should be able to hit 3.6 fairly easily. I have a 'bad' G0 (1.3 vid :( ) and I still made it to 3.6, honestly 3.6 isn't that hard with the proper cooling (i.e. not stock!) and a half decent mobo.
 
Back
Top