• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 - Abit IP35Pro

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
7,403
I'm trying for 3.6 on Air using a Zalman 9500 with AS5.

I had a E6750 @ 3.2 for months being on a 400 FSB. So I know the motherboard at 400 is stable and the memory is stable.

However I know this mobo has a pretty bad vdroop problem.

At 333x9 (at 3.0) the system was totally stable at stock volts across the board. Temps were pratically the same as stock speeds using coretemp. Using 400x7 (2.8) at the moment the temps are above average because I had to increase the vcore?

I can boot into Windows and surf the internet at 3.6 at 1.4 vcore but Prime crashes almost immediately, at 1.55vcore it runs for about 3 minutes. In CPUZ my vcore was 1.37 at 100% load. Temps were reaching 70-72c.

I wouldnt think it would be a temp issue so should I try 1.6 and see where it lands at 100% load?

I have already turned off all CPU specific functions.

All voltages were at stock other than the vcore.


 
My 1.225VID Q6600 on my IP35 Pro will run at 3.6ghz rock solid with 1.45v in bios. Only settings I had to change was the vcore, fsb and set the ram divider to 1:1, I am also stable using c1e and eist with that overclock.

1.41v idle in windows and I can't recall vcore under load(around 1.37 or so), I would check but I am running at 9x334 with stock voltages for a nice cool running 3ghz at the moment.

Maybe you could try upping the MCH voltage to 1.29/1.35 from 1.25 and see if that helps at a higher fsb? Like I said though I haven't had to really tweak any settings to have a stable overclock with this setup so I am not sure what you can do, maybe you just have a bum chip?

Have you tried 8x400 with around 1.35-1.4v? I suppose you could also try a vdroop mod on that board and see if that helps?
 
thats really odd, because this is what I have now. After 45 mins in Prime it seems stable before it would crash immediately.

This is with BIOS Vcore @ 1.4 so thats a huge drop tbh.


 
If you need 1.4v just to reach 8x400 (3200mhz) on that board and that chip, I'm willing to bet it could be something else. I had an e6850 @ 3.6GHz with stock voltage and prime stable for 5 hours - and my current setup is 8.5x400 @ 3.4GHz stock voltage (q9550).

PSU, memory, or just a bad chip?
 
have u checked ur PWM temps? I have the same setup but my oc is limited to 3.2~3.4 cuz the pwms would easily go over 80c after 10min of prime at anything higher than 3.4
 
I have seen temps close to 100c and maybe over, so I ziptied a small fan to the heatsink.
I am not sure if it helps my overclock but it does run cooler now so I can't complain.
 
Well I ran Prime Small's for 10 hours and did every benchmark in the book and played GTA4 for a few hours so it's completely stable at 400x8 at 1.4v (Loaded it drops to 1.33 as in screenshot)

Everything in BIOS is stock for voltages (other than vcore), all powersaving and CPU functions turned off. I'm gonna try 3.6 again.
 
Back
Top