• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

q6600 16 degrees C??

wopsang

Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
649
My p5k-e wifi/ap is reading the Q6600 at 16 as a whole in degrees C in Everest but the cores are being read around 35-40 range each.
I checked the temps within bios and the cpu is also read at 16 degrees.
I... don't understand the problem. Is it a motherboard bios problem? I'm running bios version 906.
 
Your motherboard's temp sensor is not calibrated properly. Everest (I believe) uses the same methodology to read temps as CoreTemp, and is much more accurate than any motherboard sensor.
 
You have to add +15 or something to recalibrate Speedfan... dunno really I've read about it on Overclock and Cooling boards.
 
Thank you quadnad.... Do you have any knowledge on how to fix this?

As far as I'm aware there is no way to recalibrate the motherboard temperature sensor. However, a good workaround is to use a program called CoreTemp. It determines the CPU temperature in a different manner than the motherboard sensor, and has proven to be vastly more accurate than the motherboard sensor.
 
I got my CPU down to 16C on air cooling once. With the window open and a -5 F day outside. Trust coretemp :p
 
I got my CPU down to 16C on air cooling once. With the window open and a -5 F day outside. Trust coretemp :p

hah, exactly. It's funny how many times you see people on the forums claiming that they're running their processor at sub-ambient temperatures when using air cooling. After seeing a program report that kind of information, don't people think to themselves: hmmm, something must be wrong here.
 
Hmm I hope the above comment wasn't pointed to me... because I know this temperature is incorrect. I'll do the CoreTemp check after I get home from work. Thanks again.
 
Hmm I hope the above comment wasn't pointed to me... because I know this temperature is incorrect. I'll do the CoreTemp check after I get home from work. Thanks again.

lol

After re-reading my post I see how you might think that. No, you had realized that the readings were wrong. However, there are a number of people who post on a fairly regular basis that have made these claims and refuse to listen to why it isn't possible.
 
I have the exact same problem. I built a system last week and it started reading the processor temps wrong. I have a AMD x2 3600 with a Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 motherboard. For the first two days it was reading 28-32 celcius in bios (idle). Then for some reason, it got stuck at 22c in bios and never fluctuated. CoreTemp reports my temps for either core between 7 and 18 celcius at any given time, generally higher by 2-4 celcius for core 0.

I emailed AMD about the problem and they suggested that 1st gen 65nm technology might not have been very compatible with AM2 boards. Perhaps that's what you are experiencing OP?
 
I have the exact same problem. I built a system last week and it started reading the processor temps wrong. I have a AMD x2 3600 with a Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 motherboard. For the first two days it was reading 28-32 celcius in bios (idle). Then for some reason, it got stuck at 22c in bios and never fluctuated. CoreTemp reports my temps for either core between 7 and 18 celcius at any given time, generally higher by 2-4 celcius for core 0.

I emailed AMD about the problem and they suggested that 1st gen 65nm technology might not have been very compatible with AM2 boards. Perhaps that's what you are experiencing OP?

Brisbanes in general have massive issues with reading temps properly. That is localized only to Brisbanes and not 65nm tech as a whole.
 
Back
Top