PvZ Garden Warfare is 900p@ XB1

Uh yea no, we discussed this in another thread. It played a MAJOR role last gen, so much so that many North American news outlets downgraded the PS3 versions of multiplatform titles for being inferior.

These forums are about becoming informed and making informed decisions. There were a lot of comparison threads last gen, and there were even more back and forth about which version someone should buy if they own both.

Yet now, low and behold none of this matters to North American review outlets and a select few people. The difference is actually much more pronounced now than it was then. I'd rather there be a consolidated thread for comparisons and variations between platforms instead of numerous threads like last gen.

I call bullshit that it does not matter to you, it obviously does because you harp on that every chance you get. You can keep bringing up your PC all you want, this is the Console sub forum, just because it's the only leg you have left to stand on doesn't mean you should bring it up every time this is brought up.

My PC is quite a bit more powerful than yours but I don't try and throw that in your face all the time or bring it up in this forum.

Take this very thread for example, and look at my posts. Every time someone calls me out I will respond, otherwise I was supportive of the game and the resolution. Take a look at the News section or other threads here, there are plenty of threads I do not comment on dealing with everything from Wii U to Forza. There are also threads where I actively support Microsoft, for instance the new Titanfall bundle for 499.99. I fully support that prior to E3 and a possible fall kinectless Sku. It annoys me to an extent that I just bought an Xbox One 2 weeks ago and could have waited a month and got Titanfall free but still.

I like how you are trying to be all middle of the road but yet turn every console thread into a Sony Dick Swinging thread.

The difference is actually much more pronounced now than it was then.

You are right about that, where the PS4 has some better hardware power, the XB1 has a better interface, better multimedia and over all better functionality and online experience. The only real thing that changed from last gen to this gen is Sony stepped up and put more power in their system. But everything else is still lagging behind unfortunately.

You are right about that, where the PS4 has some better hardware power, the XB1 has a better interface, better multimedia and over all better functionality and online experience. The only real thing that changed from last gen to this gen is Sony stepped up and put more power in their system. But everything else is still lagging behind unfortunately.

I honestly agree with that 100%. Sony's machine is better at playing games and MS's is better at literally everything else. Unfortunately, the primary purpose (in most cases) for the consoles is to play games.
Because of all of the justifiable backlash against MS I think Sony feels they have a free pass now.

I honestly agree with that 100%. Sony's machine is better at playing games and MS's is better at literally everything else. Unfortunately, the primary purpose (in most cases) for the consoles is to play games.
Because of all of the justifiable backlash against MS I think Sony feels they have a free pass now.

While the primary purpose of the console is to play games, both systems offer that capability and both do it very well. The PS4 has more power for the real big eye candy games, but both do well in pretty much all the games played on them. However, the XB1 still has the better controller and it can do far more than the PS4. With the addition of the Smart glass it adds a whole other level to what you can do with it. Also the PS4 still has no real answer to the Kinect. Some of these features aren't for everybody, but they show a company going above and beyond to provide a better overall experience. Also the funny thing is how much Sony keeps screwing up, but then they seem to just keep getting free pass after free pass. It kind of boggles my mind. Honestly I wish people would be more critical of Sony when they do screw up so that Sony really learns from the mistakes and finally does something to improve their user experience more.

Also the PS4 still has no real answer to the Kinect. Some of these features aren't for everybody, but they show a company going above and beyond to provide a better overall experience. Also the funny thing is how much Sony keeps screwing up, but then they seem to just keep getting free pass after free pass. It kind of boggles my mind. Honestly I wish people would be more critical of Sony when they do screw up so that Sony really learns from the mistakes and finally does something to improve their user experience more.

Microsoft doesn't even have an answer to the Kinect. There are very few compelling reasons to purchase one aside from "Now you don't have to bend over and pickup the remote, when it decides to work". In almost all cases, I still find the Kinect slower than simply pressing buttons. Kinect technology has been around for over three years and they haven't revolutionized anything in gaming except for Dance Central.

Reviews are up and it looks like Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare is receiving generally favorable reviews. General consensus is that it's fun, different, and has an unexpected level of difficulty. I may pick it up this weekend.

Polygon's Review (8.5/10)
Rev3Games' Review (4/5)
IGN's Review (7.8/10)

Yeah I had a few friends reviewing it, I have heard nothing but good things from them. A lot of fun and crazy weapons making for some interesting gameplay.

Microsoft doesn't even have an answer to the Kinect. There are very few compelling reasons to purchase one aside from "Now you don't have to bend over and pickup the remote, when it decides to work". In almost all cases, I still find the Kinect slower than simply pressing buttons. Kinect technology has been around for over three years and they haven't revolutionized anything in gaming except for Dance Central.

No reason to have it? According to most of the people I know with the Xbox its one of the primary reasons they went with it. I also don't find Kinect slow at all. I have used it in a number of games and commands seem to work real time. Makes doing complicated tasks simply when I can use voice commands and gestures as well as the controller. I also am not sure what you mean by they have not revolutionized anything? There are lots of extra things you can do with the Kinect in many games. In addition to that, the Kinect has definitely revolutionized many outside projects. Every day there seems to be someone doing something new with the Kinect. It was voted one of the best inventions of the year. One of the developers behind it was voted inventor of the year. Kinect has been an absolutely huge success for Microsoft.

I cant visit any sites from work, but is there multiplayer more specifically local co-op?

I cant visit any sites from work, but is there multiplayer more specifically local co-op?

Here you go...

http://www.examiner.com/article/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-six-things

Officially, Garden Warfare comes with five multiplayer modes and two co-op modes. The reality though is that the multiplayer modes Welcome Mat and Classic Team Vanquish are slightly different versions of Team Vanquish. Similarly, Classic Gardens & Graveyards is a slightly different spin on Gardens & Graveyards. The difference between the Classic and regular versions of the modes are that the Classic versions keep you from using any customizations or unlocked characters. Finally, Welcome Mat is just like Team Vanquish but with additional health each time you die.

As for the co-op Garden Ops, the Splitscreen mode (XB1 only) is the same but with only two local players (plus a possible third in Boss mode) and the ability to plant more helper plants in pots.

PopCap Games does say that additional content is on the way though.

However, the XB1 still has the better controller and it can do far more than the PS4. With the addition of the Smart glass it adds a whole other level to what you can do with it. Also the PS4 still has no real answer to the Kinect. Some of these features aren't for everybody, but they show a company going above and beyond to provide a better overall experience. Also the funny thing is how much Sony keeps screwing up, but then they seem to just keep getting free pass after free pass. It kind of boggles my mind. Honestly I wish people would be more critical of Sony when they do screw up so that Sony really learns from the mistakes and finally does something to improve their user experience more.

I'm not going to go too in depth here but literally all of that is opinion based and I would like to hear your thoughts on what Sony has actually gotten free pass after free pass on this past year or their screw ups.

Sony's answer to Kinect was to not try to fight a extremely niche product. By all accounts it was the right answer. To this day, Microsoft has not given any reason to own a Kinect other than dance or fitness games. Just like Sony only half assed a new camera and stuck with their old Move controllers. They don't care about movement based gaming, and they succeeded by not forcing that on consumers.

It's not voice controls if that is what you're thinking.

No reason to have it? According to most of the people I know with the Xbox its one of the primary reasons they went with it. I also don't find Kinect slow at all. I have used it in a number of games and commands seem to work real time. Makes doing complicated tasks simply when I can use voice commands and gestures as well as the controller. I also am not sure what you mean by they have not revolutionized anything? There are lots of extra things you can do with the Kinect in many games. In addition to that, the Kinect has definitely revolutionized many outside projects. Every day there seems to be someone doing something new with the Kinect. It was voted one of the best inventions of the year. One of the developers behind it was voted inventor of the year. Kinect has been an absolutely huge success for Microsoft.

You should be more specific here, what games and how did it make your games more enjoyable. I can pull up a list of games with either Move or Kinect for their entire history and not one of them other than dance or fitness games benefited in any way usually being better suited to play without it.

Last edited:
I'm not going to go too in depth here but literally all of that is opinion based

Like pretty much everything you post. Which is why there is no use answering any of your questions since all the answers are prevalent out in news stories, forum posts, tech reads, reviews, etc.

Since we've pulled this thread off the rails I guess I'll keep it rolling.
IMO, the Kinect is akin to the Wii GamePad. It has all of the potential in the world and on paper it seems like a great innovation. However no developers have taken advantage of it. It's a multiplatform world. Devs don't want to dedicate huge amounts of time and effort programming for something that makes their property completely different on other platforms.
The only hope for Kinect (and the WiiU Pad) are lock-down exclusives...and even in the case of those, the peripheral still has to be worth designing for. Will Kinect add anything to Gears or Halo? Probably not. Will the WiiU Pad benefit Mario Kart, Smash, or Zelda? Maybe Zelda...maybe...?
What we're left with is that to really get anything out of hardware like this we need both an exclusive game, and one that actually stands to gain something from it, too.
It's disheartening that both might end up going nowhere since both really could be decent technology. The caveat is that for something new to really catch-on now, it's going to have to be adopted by more than one company.

IMO, the Kinect is akin to the Wii GamePad. It has all of the potential in the world and on paper it seems like a great innovation. However no developers have taken advantage of it. It's a multiplatform world. Devs don't want to dedicate huge amounts of time and effort programming for something that makes their property completely different on other platforms.

Kinect is a nice piece of hardware and can do amazing things. Sadly, most of those amazing things are from people hacking it (then MSFT released the PC version) and coming up with those things outside of gaming. It's a decent voice/gesture control, but that's very limited. Kinect Fitness and other fitness titles are something I'm interested in. Raving Rabbids is fun with little kids (as is Sesame Street). Outside of that, there is very little. There are no real 'killer apps' for the Kinect. The majority of people won't use it. Even when looking for ways to incorporate it into games, it's hard to find a good place for it. Like the Wii, it may be doomed to those fitness, casual games (bowling, baseball), and kids titles. Which is sad because it has a ton of potential. Just not quite sure where that potential is in the gaming world. I'd really LOVE to see a developer come up with something that used it well in a new type of game. Maybe with an Oculus Rift headset, it would find it's place. Then, you'd have the visuals there and motion tracking of your body with the Kinect. ?? I don't know.

PvZ is a game I enjoy when bored. The new game looks pretty fun to waste a lot of time. My son wants it for his birthday (which I'm not sure he's going to get it with the phone call I got from the school about his mouth), but I want to play it, too. Fun for all ages.

Like pretty much everything you post. Which is why there is no use answering any of your questions since all the answers are prevalent out in news stories, forum posts, tech reads, reviews, etc.

None of which has to do anything with gaming. I'd like for you to point out where I use opinions as facts, it is an absurd statement.

You failed to provide a substantial argument on why kinect is needed. I've said many times before that if Microsoft wants to succeed they have to release more than just dance and fitness games. They have to provide that unique experience.

EDIT: You even answered my question in the next post, there are no uses for it ultimately when it comes to games other than what has already been covered..

Last edited:
None of which has to do anything with gaming. I'd like for you to point out where I use opinions as facts, it is an absurd statement.

You failed to provide a substantial argument on why kinect is needed. I've said many times before that if Microsoft wants to succeed they have to release more than just dance and fitness games. They have to provide that unique experience.

EDIT: You even answered my question in the next post, there are no uses for it ultimately when it comes to games other than what has already been covered..

Why? Many people like both the dance and fitness games. Also there are sports games and other apps that use it. Plus voice and gesture control. I know many people that switched to Xbox specifically because of that. And why does every reason have to be about games? If the Xbox one, which is marketed as a home media unit, delivers many benefits on the home media front to the average family and kinect is a huge part of that, how is that not a step forward or a benefit?

See, everything you post is shaded by your opinion that the success of both XB1 and Kinect has to be based on games. But it doesn't have to be based on games at all. That is where you are short sighted in all of this. In every single argument you make against XB1, and you continue to spout off anti XB1 rants all over, everything is based simply on the fact that it has less power than PS4. But XB1 brings far more advantages to the table than just the high end games. Plus you deem Kinect on XB1 as a failure and useless when the system hasn't even been out for 6 months. That is just plain ridiculous and again, its all opinion based.

Why? Many people like both the dance and fitness games. Also there are sports games and other apps that use it. Plus voice and gesture control. I know many people that switched to Xbox specifically because of that. And why does every reason have to be about games? If the Xbox one, which is marketed as a home media unit, delivers many benefits on the home media front to the average family and kinect is a huge part of that, how is that not a step forward or a benefit?

See, everything you post is shaded by your opinion that the success of both XB1 and Kinect has to be based on games. But it doesn't have to be based on games at all. That is where you are short sighted in all of this. In every single argument you make against XB1, and you continue to spout off anti XB1 rants all over, everything is based simply on the fact that it has less power than PS4. But XB1 brings far more advantages to the table than just the high end games. Plus you deem Kinect on XB1 as a failure and useless when the system hasn't even been out for 6 months. That is just plain ridiculous and again, its all opinion based.

What are the advantages?

Voice Control? Facial Recognition? Gestures?

Microsoft tried to market it as a home entertainment hub (and I mentioned this elseware) and failed to deliver. It does not have a Cable DVR which was the main reason I didn't buy it at launch. The PS4 has Voice Control, Facial recognition, body tracking, etc.

Where are the anti XB1 rants? It's one thing to prove someone wrong with facts it's another thing all together to rant on how the Xbox One sucks which I have never said. Micosoft will be fine this generation, no doubts. But if they are expecting to pull 360 numbers they have to change some things around.

Last edited:
What the advantages?

Voice Control? Facial Recognition? Gestures?

Microsoft tried to market it as a home entertainment hub (and I mentioned this elseware) and failed to deliver. It does not have a Cable DVR which was the main reason I didn't buy it at launch. The PS4 has Voice Control, Facial recognition, body tracking, etc.

Where are the anti XB1 rants? It's one thing to prove someone wrong with facts it's another thing all together to rant on how the Xbox One sucks which I have never said. Micosoft will be fine this generation, no doubts. But if they are expecting to pull 360 numbers they have to change some things around.

Failed to deliver? Many people enjoy it as a media hub already. Plus again, it has only been out for less than 6 months. There is no way you can judge failure on that. Again, those are your opinions. I know many people, including myself, that use it very effectively as a media device and love all the options provided for such. As for anti XB1 drivel, in this thread, and in at least 3 other threads you have posted in recently. It isn't hard at all to find with you next-Jin.

Again, you are accusing people of opinions, when you yourself are using opinions.

Failed to deliver? Many people enjoy it as a media hub already. Plus again, it has only been out for less than 6 months. There is no way you can judge failure on that. Again, those are your opinions. I know many people, including myself, that use it very effectively as a media device and love all the options provided for such. As for anti XB1 drivel, in this thread, and in at least 3 other threads you have posted in recently. It isn't hard at all to find with you next-Jin.

Again, you are accusing people of opinions, when you yourself are using opinions.

Dont even bother replying. Its pointless, I gave up that fight long long ago. Its funny how i mention cboat, then they jump to his defense, when cboat is currently pushing a permaban on neogaf due to his unreliability lately. The arguments with next will never ever end, id just say flat out dont even reply anymore and maybe he'll stop posting/visiting so real discussion can actually happen

I think the problem is that "its a great media hub" isn't seen as a great argument. Who needs yet another media hub in 2014? What must-have features does it do that aren't already built in to the existing cable box? The idea that a few gimmick voice/motion commands in a game/menu are worth $100 is an incredibly foreign concept to me (and I think many others).

Simply put, the defense xbone owners make against the flaming only makes the joke funnier to many here. The punchline will be when that inferior hardware really does effect the visuals/gameplay in a major way, and the already shakey argument of the Kinect's features hold no ground in comparison. Plus the $100.

Its great that you're happy with your purchase, but many see it as denial. If you're one of those "I've got every electronic that exists anyways, I love them all", then you're just wasting your money and flaunting it. That's a different kind of fail.

Also, this article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-vs-xbox-one-which-is-the-better-media-player

I think the problem is that "its a great media hub" isn't seen as a great argument. Who needs yet another media hub in 2014? What must-have features does it do that aren't already built in to the existing cable box? The idea that a few gimmick voice/motion commands in a game/menu are worth $100 is an incredibly foreign concept to me (and I think many others).

Simply put, the defense xbone owners make against the flaming only makes the joke funnier to many here. The punchline will be when that inferior hardware really does effect the visuals/gameplay in a major way, and the already shakey argument of the Kinect's features hold no ground in comparison. Plus the $100.

Its great that you're happy with your purchase, but many see it as denial. If you're one of those "I've got every electronic that exists anyways, I love them all", then you're just wasting your money and flaunting it. That's a different kind of fail.

Also, this article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-vs-xbox-one-which-is-the-better-media-player

Not everbody wants that many devices on their shelf either. I didnt have a media hub before, period. People like consolidation of their devices plain and simple. If they didnt smartphones wouldnt be as huge as they are. People wouldn't be adopting to HTPCs at such a high rate if they still wanted 20 things on their entertainment center. Consolidating devices and functionality is the way technology is moving, plain and simple.

Also the fact is if someone enjoys their purchase why is it grounds to bash on their opinion and their enjoyment? I've spent as much as $800 on a pen, and could frankly give a shit what anybody thinks of my spending. Its my finances, my decision what i buy. The same is said for what platform i buy games on. The fact that someone assumed people buying the ps4 version of games shows that they are "better informed" is a joke, Most people wont even know their ps4 copy runs at a higher res or framerate, they just bought it to play the damn game, which is a concept many forum goers here just flat out refuse to believe.

Dont even bother replying. Its pointless, I gave up that fight long long ago. Its funny how i mention cboat, then they jump to his defense, when cboat is currently pushing a permaban on neogaf due to his unreliability lately. The arguments with next will never ever end, id just say flat out dont even reply anymore and maybe he'll stop posting/visiting so real discussion can actually happen

One leaker with a history of solid leaks until post launch starts getting some heat because he (wrongly mind you) kept with his sources saying Titanfall would release with beta textures.

Got it.

What about the other notable leakers? Are all of them anti-Microsoft as well? Probably not, the E3 presentation stirred up the hornets nest and it has been showing daily over there. I also wouldn't discuss being banned over on neoGAF considering your history there. Unlike here on [H] your bullshit was seen through immediately.

I most certainly can judge failure on that. Not having a Cable DVR is a pretty serious offense as a one stop solution. Without that, it's basically a plain cable box with a Skype/Sports overlay. The only thing that sets the Xbox One apart from way cheaper alternatives is the voice/gesture integration and overlay. That can't be patched in later or come with another update, it seems like Microsoft wanted to be a jack of all trades and a master at none.

That's not opinion friend (second to last sentence). I probably have one of the better HTPC's around and even I would have been incredibly pro Xbox One just as a media center alone had it came with at least a 2 channel DVR.

Point out the posts! If you're going to call me out show some background. Take the time to search the forums instead of just spouting off the same thing over and over. I said it before and I will say it again, you hate me in the same why religion hates science.

Last edited:
Not everbody wants that many devices on their shelf either. I didnt have a media hub before, period. People like consolidation of their devices plain and simple. If they didnt smartphones wouldnt be as huge as they are. People wouldn't be adopting to HTPCs at such a high rate if they still wanted 20 things on their entertainment center. Consolidating devices and functionality is the way technology is moving, plain and simple.

Also the fact is if someone enjoys their purchase why is it grounds to bash on their opinion and their enjoyment? I've spent as much as $800 on a pen, and could frankly give a shit what anybody thinks of my spending. Its my finances, my decision what i buy. The same is said for what platform i buy games on. The fact that someone assumed people buying the ps4 version of games shows that they are "better informed" is a joke, Most people wont even know their ps4 copy runs at a higher res or framerate, they just bought it to play the damn game, which is a concept many forum goers here just flat out refuse to believe.

Totally agree with the first part, just to highlight my previous post on what actually makes it different from cheaper alternatives.

Second part I also agree with other than towards the end there when you can literally go back in these forums or any other community and see hundreds of people asking which one they should buy.

That answer is ALWAYS

- Get what your friends play on.
- Get the better version.

The first is always a given but the second one not so much.

One leaker with a history of solid leaks until post launch starts getting some heat because he (wrongly mind you) kept with his sources saying Titanfall would release with beta textures.

Got it.

Read the gaf thread regarding cboat. There is a ton of people speculating that cboat has had a major anti-xbox agenda since before e3. And in fact, all of his leaks regarding e3 aside from Dead Rising 3 were wrong. Not to mention his leaks regarding voice control and other issues in the OS never came to frutation on its launch. You need to pay more attention to the actual leak and whether or not it turned out to be true, not whether or not people believed it at the time

Read the gaf thread regarding cboat. There is a ton of people speculating that cboat has had a major anti-xbox agenda since before e3. And in fact, all of his leaks regarding e3 aside from Dead Rising 3 were wrong. Not to mention his leaks regarding voice control and other issues in the OS never came to frutation on its launch. You need to pay more attention to the actual leak and whether or not it turned out to be true, not whether or not people believed it at the time

"speculating"

I am actively participating in the thread, I know what is being said and I know what the current status of cboat is. I mentioned earlier that his somewhat weird stance on alpha textures and beta textures launching with the game (never mind the beta proving him wrong or Respawns quick response) was pretty stupid and possibly ban worthy if nothing is made clear.

You're cute at times, you stick with something and never let it go. I asked about the other notable leakers and nothing.

I wish you guys would keep this shit in the xbone discussion thread and not ruin this one. Its about this game not ps4 vs xbone.

If I wanted to hear about another website/forum I'd go to that site. Who gives a flying f**k about neogaf.

I wonder if next is going to post how wolfenstein is confirmed 1080p/60hz on X1? or does he still only care about showing the X1 in a negative fashion?

I wonder if next is going to post how wolfenstein is confirmed 1080p/60hz on X1? or does he still only care about showing the X1 in a negative fashion?

Nah, he will not or, he will find something to nitpick about it instead of the res. However, I have gotten to the point where, unless he buys it for me, his opinion means jack crap. :rolleyes::D I myself will be getting the Wolfenstein game but I have enjoyed that series anyways on the PC.

It basically boils down to this: If console gaming means you have to go on a forum and bash the side you do not like, you need to open your door and go outside more often. (He, I am running a Shamrock 8K race this weekend in Buffalo, anyone else going to join me?)

Nah, he will not or, he will find something to nitpick about it instead of the res. However, I have gotten to the point where, unless he buys it for me, his opinion means jack crap. :rolleyes::D I myself will be getting the Wolfenstein game but I have enjoyed that series anyways on the PC.

It basically boils down to this: If console gaming means you have to go on a forum and bash the side you do not like, you need to open your door and go outside more often. (He, I am running a Shamrock 8K race this weekend in Buffalo, anyone else going to join me?)

Agreed.

I will be going out and doing some hiking this weekend. Wife wants to try out her new Camelbak. :)

Garden Warfare is fun. When it actually works... God damnit EA.

I bought it but havent had a chance to play it yet. I mostly got it for local co op with my GF so the online failures may not affect me much unless i decide i like it enough to play online also.

EA is having issues...BF4 we all know about but this too?

What type of rendering does it use again?

Forward?

It was never confirmed to be native but I expect it to be 1080p/60 for both platforms, however there are many other questions because the 360/PS3 versions had dynamic resolution.

When it is confirmed then obviously I will put it on the comparison thread but best believe there will be brackets saying it uses forward rendering. For anyone who does not know, that is the only method used so far sans sports titles that have ran at native 1080p/60 on the Xbox One. (that one game being Forza which does not even have AA)

Forward rendering uses prebaked lighting effect, shadows, etc.

If you think the two platforms still share some type of power parity you're wrong.

Discussing power differences are opinions now? I don't "bash" the Xbox One, I said point out the threads or posts and you never did (or could). I've probably spent more time in the woods and "outside" than you have spent life as an adult. It's a wonder why people start hammering home insults when they don't agree with basic facts.

Forward?

It was never confirmed to be native but I expect it to be 1080p/60 for both platforms, however there are many other questions because the 360/PS3 versions had dynamic resolution.

When it is confirmed then obviously I will put it on the comparison thread but best believe there will be brackets saying it uses forward rendering. For anyone who does not know, that is the only method used so far sans sports titles that have ran at native 1080p/60 on the Xbox One. (that one game being Forza which does not even have AA)

If you think the two platforms still share some type of power parity you're wrong.

Discussing power differences are opinions now? I don't "bash" the Xbox One, I said point out the threads or posts and you never did (or could). I've probably spent more time in the woods and "outside" than you have spent life as an adult. It's a wonder why people start hammering home insults when they don't agree with basic facts.

What does forward rendering have to do with anything? If it's a better fit for their game, why not use it? It has nothing to do with lighting / shadows being prebaked or not.

id Tech 5 adjusts the internal rendering resolution on the fly to keep up a high frame rate. As bad as Rage was for gameplay, the engine was very impressive on consoles.

Last edited:

Forward?

For anyone who does not know, that is the only method used so far sans sports titles that have ran at native 1080p/60 on the Xbox One. (that one game being Forza which does not even have AA)

I've probably spent more time in the woods and "outside" than you have spent life as an adult. It's a wonder why people start hammering home insults when they don't agree with basic facts.

Doesn't The Order 188black bars use a forward rendering? Dissing people's pc's and outdoor time now? wow...

What does forward rendering have to do with anything? If it's a better fit for their game, why not use it? It has nothing to do with lighting / shadows being prebaked or not.

All modern games made except for a select few over the last half decade have used deferred rendering. I'm not discounting a teams use of the rendering method, I'm discounting the use of a game using that method as a comparison between platforms. It is a much easier method for low powered GPUs to render because it lacks dynamic shadows and lighting. The same engine and method was used on the 360/PS3 with RAGE which ran at a consistent 60 frames per second at 720P (dynamically adjusted on the fly).

It's just not something you should use as a comparison to debate an argument.

Doesn't The Order 188black bars use a forward rendering? Dissing people's pc's and outdoor time now? wow...

Sure does, it also uses 4x MSAA as opposed to a FXAA or MLAA technique. In comparison you have a racing game in Forza 5 that lacks any sort of AA.

TBH The Order 1886 is not a game I am overly excited about after seeing the videos, has nothing to do with resolution, rendering or black bars. It's just not a setting or game I feel will live up to the building hype. Ready at Dawn is not a proven developer so I am not expecting much.

Where did I "diss" anyone's PC? Further, I responded to his comment where he was discussing going outside because he has a life or whatever it was he might have been trying to convey. Assuming I am some basement dweller with a 6ft portrait of Kazuo Hirai hanging over my Sony Bravia TV.

Where did I "diss" anyone's PC?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040651473&postcount=40

"I call bullshit that it does not matter to you, it obviously does because you harp on that every chance you get. You can keep bringing up your PC all you want, this is the Console sub forum, just because it's the only leg you have left to stand on doesn't mean you should bring it up every time this is brought up.

My PC is quite a bit more powerful than yours but I don't try and throw that in your face all the time or bring it up in this forum"

Cool deal, now use some context and search Vlads post history in pretty much any forum. When he has nothing else to go on he starts going on and on and on and on about how his PC can run circles around the PS4 when the conversations were leaning towards looking poorly in favor of the Xbox One.

Most of those have nothing to do with me either, it is anyone and everyone. Be it in the News section, PC subforum or Console subforum, hell even the General gaming forum. Tons of people call him out on it all the time, it's general knowledge here. I'm just tired of him using that as some type of fallback, most everyone's PC here on [H] can run circles around the consoles.

I have a very nice respectable PC and HTPC setup, but I don't keep harping on and on about it. It used to be my signature but I'm into console gaming at the moment (the dreaded switch most make every few years going back and forth).

Just take a look at his more recent posts in the General forum, dude went ballistic because he thought someone was bad mouthing the Xbox One.

Back