Pvr Software

midoll10

n00b
I recently bulit a windows based pvr system with an ati all in woner video card with remote. Now I am trying to find software that schedules, records, and converts the files into burnable dvd files.

I have used the trial verisons of snapstream beyontv, wintv, sagetv, and gpvrd. I snapstream was easy to use and setup and i like there concepts you can record shows without commericals blah blah blah. The bad thing about it was the the video quality wasnt great and it didn't pick up all my channels. With Wintv and sagetv I couldn't get the sound to work. Wintv wouldn't play sound during live tv but if you recorded something and played it back there would be sound. Sagetv had no sound was so ever. Gpvrd I don't remember the exact name of this app but it was so complex to set up I gave up in 5 mins. Wintv had awesome video quality.

Has anyone tried windows media center i was thinking about trying it out but i couldnt find information on the loopy website to tell me if they support my video card.

So basically what i am asking is for suggestions on picking out the right software.
Free software is cool to :D

I don't think your issues with software is with the software...I think it is an issue with your setup of the software with the hardware. SageTV has been totally flawless for me.

-tReP

the neer versions of sage are supposed to support some software encoding cards. I don't think MCE does though. I suggest taking some more time with sage and changing you text back to white. :D

Your problem is that you're using an All in Wonder. Get a real TV tuner.

Also going with MCE wouldn't help you cause you can't use softencoding cards with it.

Back