PVA vs MVA

fuziwuzi

Weaksauce
hey,

i read on here that people love the IPs, but the MVA is also acknowledged at being really good.

i thought MVA ad PVA were really similar, and bested by the IPS. why does the PVA not get the same level of recognition at the MVA

MVA has the best feature of the PVA (black level which is better than IPS) without the viewing angle issues.

my understanding is that IPS is high quality however slower response.

PMVA is a happy medium you get the pva blacks and a better response time than IPS in laymans terms ofcourse.

no not racist silly, we are talking about the color black on lcd screens, it has nothing to do with race ROFL

None are really better than others (apart from * > TN), they are simply different. Depending on what is important to you, a different panel technology will be best.

I find S-IPS is best, although, I have yet to use an S-PVA monitor (only a 42" S-PVA TV).

There are few differences between the actual image quality of many PVA and MVA panels because they both do not have IPS' superior viewing angles, color reproduction (other than black), and consistent image quality off-center.

Current, quality MVA and PVA panels are quite close to good IPS. Eizo and NEC also use some high-end VA panels in some of their professional displays.

The "ultimate" monitor would be a 1920x1200 IPS with 1000:1 contrast, HDMI, DVI, VGA component, HDCP, a 2-5ms response time, LED backlighting, 120Hz refresh rate, and a sub-$1000 price tag! This is probably coming in 2008. :D

Okay, that article says the opposite of what joemama and Uberbob said. :p

That article is ancient history. Fact is, S-PVA has black crush and color shifting problems. P-MVA has those problems to a lesser degree and A-MVA has them lesser still.

There are few differences between the actual image quality of many PVA and MVA panels because they both do not have IPS' superior viewing angles, color reproduction (other than black), and consistent image quality off-center.

Current, quality MVA and PVA panels are quite close to good IPS. Eizo and NEC also use some high-end VA panels in some of their professional displays.

The "ultimate" monitor would be a 1920x1200 IPS with 1000:1 contrast, HDMI, DVI, VGA component, HDCP, a 2-5ms response time, LED backlighting, 120Hz refresh rate, and a sub-$1000 price tag! This is probably coming in 2008. :D

With a sub -$1000 price tag, you certianly must have forgotten a 0 in your listing of a release year...

- Fred

Back