cageymaru

Fully [H]
Puyo Puyo Tetris is out on Steam and it is published by SEGA. I've been playing it off and on for awhile and I highly recommend it for fans of Tetris or Puyo Puyo. The developers have patched the game quite regularly and it runs great on my Ryzen 1700 / Vega 64 system. You really have to get your stuff together for the campaign. I'm watching some of the guys on Twitch playing against other online players and they are ridiculous! I'm sure that others want their official Tetris itch scratched also thus the reasoning behind this post. SEGA has been on a rampage with quality releases onto the Steam platform also. ;) Lastly I'd like to mentions that my Steam controller works great with it.

Link to Steam store page.

Puyo Puyo Tetris Twitch streamers.
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Puyo Puyo Tetris

Stream that I'm watching.
https://www.twitch.tv/jinu6734

How to Puyo Puyo for those who never played it before.

DXELtHDVQAAc4Jr.jpg

I had this for the Switch before it was lost/stolen. Great game. I love the Puyo Puyo series, the game is weird to say the least.

I'm a huge Puyo Puyo fan. This game actually runs great and looks great on PC. There were a couple mildly annoying bugs when it launched but they fixed them in a few days.

The people at the top of matchmaking are insanely good and fun to watch.

Looks exactly like Doctor Robotnics on sega genesis

It's the same game. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is the American version of the original Puyo Puyo. They also had Kirby's Avalanche on the N64. I think they started releasing non-rebranded Puyo Puyo games in America with Puyo Puyo Fever.

The series story (yes, it does have a story) is very weirdly Japanese, hence why the American remake. Your cut scenes typically are something like:

Opponent: Hi Amitie!
Amitie: Hi! I'm on my way to the store to purchase food.
Opponent: Alright, but let's Battle first!

Makes absolutely no sense, but the quirkiness is part of the fun.

Last edited:
Back