• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Putting together a new system

stevecamp09

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
172
Hope this is the correct forum, if not please let me know and I will create it elsewhere.
I have a budget of around $3k, would like to move from a 4 year old PC (single core P4, 2GB ram) to a solid current system that will allow me to play CODMW2, Crysis and other modern games reasonably well which my current system doesn't (ovbiously). I'm thinking about an i7920, x58 mobo, 6-8GB ram, single gtx295 (x2 if my budget stretches), not really sure what else at this point. Is this a decent combination to consider? I had read recently that the i5750 is actually rated better than the i7920...can this be for real? it is a much cheaper CPU...if so, I guess I could spend more on the other components too. Anyway, all opinions welcome!

Thanks
 
Get the i7 920, forget about the gtx295 and go with a vapor-x 5870 or 2. $3000 is a lot, you can get pretty much whatever you want.
 
i agree with SeaFoam. Get the i7 and yes 3 g's is a lot of money. I say shop around and get some sweet deals. Black Friday is just around the corner so it will be a great time to buy computer parts. I also say get someone who lives near a Microcenter to get you an i7. you will save tons of cash.
 
Back
Top