Putting the SR2 Underwater

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
Im a few years late to the watercooling the SR2 party, but figured id post a thread on the build log anyhow. Right now im looking for some ideas for the plumbing. More in what order and how many 90's I should be looking at, specs are as follows:

Case - Corsair 900D
Board - EVGA SR-2
Chips - 2x Intel x5680
Mem - 6x4gb G.Skill Rijpaw X (1600)
PSU - Seasonic X1250
GPU - Currently single GTX 680, plans to go to atleast a 2 card setup (no idea of branding/model yet)

Cooling wise, what I have in hand now:

Radiator - 2x Black Ice GTX Gen 2 (360)

CPU Blocks - None, looking at the Alphacool NexXxoS blocks, not sure what im going with, plan to order within 2 weeks, will figure that out

Fittings - Currently have 12x Monsoon 3/8 in red, will pickup what is needed to fill it in, no 90s or 45s currently in my loop, know I need atleast 2 more, probably going to pickup another 6 pack of them to be safe

Pump - D5, non-variable speed

Res - EK top / res on the D5

Mobo Block - Have the EK one in hand now, nice looking block.

Fans - 10x AP-15's and whatever the case came with

Routing wise:
Prelim idea is I have a rad in the front bays (Removed all drive caddies, no need for em only have SSD's in the system), and then the 2nd rad in the bottom spacing. Other than that im not tied into anything in particular.

Im thinking of atleast 2x 90's to go straight from one CPU to the other, order ive got no idea, the biggest WC project ive done so far is my 3770k + Maximus V + 2x 6970s.

Thoughts guys ? Ill be putting pictures up as I do the build for sure, already had to modify the case slightly to make the radiators line up nicely in the front (Little bit of odd spacing for the normal fan holes).

Also looking for ideas on more to do to the case, in the future I want to put a Aquacomputer fan cooler ,or the AlphaCool one (With waterblock of course), for now im just going to throw my current FC-8 internally to keep the nice clean lines), i already plan to get some LED strips, and want to mess with an adruino in the future for full colour control of that.

Thanks for the read and ideas, should be smashing when done.....might want another radiator in the system, havent decided yet on that (gonna be hard to beat the GTX's for 80 shipped .....

Back