• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Putting the 1KW to Work.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,444
I put the HX1000W that we reviewed here in my new system. Was pulling 729w at the wall playing L4D. Fun stuff. Core i7 920 at 3.6GHz, 12GB Corsair DDR3 at 1440MHz, and 2 each 4870 X2 video cards. ;)
 
Not bad, but 729W at the wall isn't really putting the HX1000 to work. Now strap on that sub-zero pot you just bought and crank that thing up to some real loads :D.
 
Heh, running 3dmark vantage with my rig and 30" dell, my APC was showing over 900 watts. Poor thing is only rated for a little over 800. I have to turn the monitor off while benching to make it stop squeeling.
 
that's funny, that machine really is overkill for L4D
I was expecting something like "..I was playing L4D, encoding a video, surfing the web, running a virus scan....."
 
that's funny, that machine really is overkill for L4D
I was expecting something like "..I was playing L4D, encoding a video, surfing the web, running a virus scan....."

First time to game on it since I built it. Wanted to make sure there are not other issues.
 
Back
Top