Putting scissor switch style key back on

FuNiOnZ

Weaksauce
Just recently ordered a Enermax Acrylux keyboard from Newegg. Arrived via UPS today and when I opened the box up the ] key was popped out of place (big surprise, ups sucks). Anyways, I noticed the Acrylux's scissorswitch is actually attached to the key itself and on the keyboard theres a membrane cone thingie (which was also loose). I tried pressing the key back in place like most websites reccommend, and it goes back into place, but a couple taps off center and the key comes right back off. Now the plus side is I barely ever use that key, but I don't know if I should go through all the RMA hassle just for one key that wont stay put. Is there some sort of trick to getting these things to pop back on?

Ouch, 109 views and noone knows how to put a laptop style key back on lol

Ouch, 109 views and noone knows how to put a laptop style key back on lol

Most laptop keys now a days have a latch that is supposed to hold the scissor part attatched to the board itself, and the key is supposed to clip to the scissor when already on the board. If it's broken off, it's more than likely staying off.

I fixed my fair share of broken SS keyboards in my time in geeksquad. 90% were irreparable.

It varies from Mfr. to Mfr. I could tell you of four or five different ways, but the majority of the times its unfixable because if you put even the smallest amount of pressure on the wrong spot, the metal or plastic can snap. Just order a new keyboard on Ebay, most can be had for $25-35. The most i've seen them go is probably $80-100 for some rare and hard to find models.

OR call newegg.

Yeah i've tried to resecure it a few times, it keeps wanting to stick the scissor switch to the damn key instead of staying in the keyboard clips, think i'm just going to give up and let it be. Doesn't seem to be worth it to pay for the RMA shipping just for my ] key

Yeah i've tried to resecure it a few times, it keeps wanting to stick the scissor switch to the damn key instead of staying in the keyboard clips, think i'm just going to give up and let it be. Doesn't seem to be worth it to pay for the RMA shipping just for my ] key

If I were you I'd crank up my sense of righteous indignation and get on the phone with the mftr; and don't get off until they agree to ship you a working product.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back