putting load on the GPU....

Lone_Bullet.be

Limp Gawd
Hello, i am planning on buying a G80 as soon aspossible as this 6800NU is readlly showing it's age on my native res ( 1280*1024 ). Now, i know i will creating a HUGE bottleneck doing this ( my CPU...a 3500+ ). Here i have this question comming to my mind: Is there any way to inprove IQ without putting or barely putting additional load to your CPU? Something that is done solely by the GPU....

ty,

Lone

I thought upping the resolution would increase the load on the CPU? AA and AF and in game settings would increase the load on the GPU.. or am I wrong?

BlastRadius said:
I thought upping the resolution would increase the load on the CPU? AA and AF and in game settings would increase the load on the GPU.. or am I wrong?
my thoughts exactly but wasn't sure about HDR, FOV and other tricks

BlastRadius said:

Nope Im CPU limited on my 3200+ and 7800GT combo and I get the same frames no matter what i do in most games. Hi res Low res Eye Candy no eye candy. To tell if your Cpu is the bottleneck drop down to 640/480 with no eye candy and see if you get the same frames.

DeChache said:
Nope Im CPU limited on my 3200+ and 7800GT combo and I get the same frames no matter what i do in most games. Hi res Low res Eye Candy no eye candy. To tell if your Cpu is the bottleneck drop down to 640/480 with no eye candy and see if you get the same frames.
damn.... mkay....so a new GPU it is....problem i rather stick with my AMD then go conroe :(
socket 939 with 4*512mb so not good for Oc'ing....damn it...

Lone_Bullet.be said:
damn.... mkay....so a new GPU it is....problem i rather stick with my AMD then go conroe :(
socket 939 with 4*512mb so not good for Oc'ing....damn it...
well your nuts if you dont want conroe over a single core A64...

Back