• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Put a mobile processor in my 2.8 laptop?

Boltaction

Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
939
Hello, I am using a Celeron 2.8 (northwood) in my HP pavilion laptop. The mobo uses an ATI mobility 7000 IGP northbridge. Although I love it, the battery power SUCKS. I get an hour and a half at best. I want to "upgrade" it to a P4-M or whatever can fit. What should I do, what should I get, and is it worth it?

How much more battery power do you think I could get? It currently is running on a 400FSB.

note: The northbridge doesn't seem so bad http://www.ati.com/products/MobilityRadeon7000igp/features.html but this laptop is really slow at almost anything I throw at it, even after a flatten/reinstall, hacked ATI drivers, 512 ram, you name it. I don't play games on it, it is just slow on borwsing the web and moving data around.
 
Back
Top