Pushing Vs Pulling and Fan Noise

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I have my current set up to push into the radiator. After 1000 RPMs, the fans get noisy. Knowing what I know about airflow, I'm thinking pulling air through the radiator would be a LOT more quite? I do know that fans are more efficient pushing rather than pulling air. So, optimally, you'd want to push, but I have read that temperatures for PC liquid cooling are not really effected by pushing or pulling. So, I want to go with the most quite option.

Does anyone have any real world experience?

you wont like it, 'cause your rgb, but your best bet is to flip them so they are sucking fresh air in. push pull wont make that much difference but inside warm air vs outside cool air does.

you wont like it, 'cause your rgb, but your best bet is to flip them so they are sucking fresh air in. push pull wont make that much difference but inside warm air vs outside cool air does.

Yep, exactly. I do want to use the fans RGB. If it were a 280mm unit, I could just take the fans off, stick them where I can see them (front) and use some Noctua fans for the top and leave the radiator there, where you don't see them much anyway. And, yes, I could use 120mm Noc fans in the radiator and break out the rad fans. But, I want to use all 140s for the case.

Back