Push/pull on xigmatek 1283?

Nosenuggets45

Limp Gawd
Would it be worth it to mount another fan on my 1283 to pull? Then I'd have the push/pull going. Would it make any difference? I ask because right now, temperatures are the limit on my overclock.

Worth a shot, Why not? Im sure theres gonna be a difference.

May i ask what your temps are? My E5200 @ 4.4Ghz under a dark knight idled at 24C and load at 60C, While on a tuniq it was 75Cish.

Its not worth much at all. I tried it with 2 Yate Loon mediums and got ~1C lower temps. With better fans your looking at 2c max.

Check here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=595589

There are some other results like on the TRUE and they show similar results, like 3C difference max. Your better off getting a single good fan like a Panflo high, unless you have extra fans laying around.

Speaking of that you should be able to run that E8400 as high as it will go on that, maybe not if its a C0. I had my E8400 at 4.45Ghz trying to get stable and temps were acceptable using 1.4v in windows, I would just start to hit 60C after an hour of small fft. Of course my room temps are low like 19-20c

I've got a push pull config on my s1283 sorta I have the stock 120 blowing across and a faster 120mm sucking out the back of the case and I'm really impressed so far w/ my e8500 @ 1.344 volts I'm hitting 50c full load occt and orthos and my room has a heater running, room is probably around 28c

it idles @ 22c, under ambient temp

beats the crap out of my old zalman 120mm

Back