Push/Pull 360 Rad Vs. Pull 360 & 120 Rad?

CustomModAddict

Limp Gawd
Being the type of person who usually never thinks things out enough, especially when I am building or doing any type of mod. I need it now, done now, etc, sure I am not the only one like that here :)

So, on to the dilemma or the question at hand. Current system design specs:

Intel i7-930
either Gigabyte UD-7 or the MSI Big Bang Motherboard
either nVidia 470 or the ATI 5870 GPU

I need the water cooling system to be running at its best. So after throwing around some design ideas, and layout. I came to even more questions. So with todays high power CPU's and GPU's is it better to ......

Install a push/pull 360 radiator, cooling the CPU, then to the GPU(s)?

or is it better....

Install a 360 radiator with a single side of (3) 120 fans, and then also install a 120 radiator. With the 360 rad cooling the cpu, then to the single 120 radiator then to the GPU(s)?

How much heat does the current top GPU's put out? Does forcing more air through the 360 rad out perform an additional rad?

I mean price wise adding three more high cfm shark fans to the 360 Rad, is about the same as adding a single 120 radiator. So which is going to give the best results?

I see a few guys on here with two rads in there loops? Any pro's or cons? From a design and mod standpoint, it seems that adding a single 120 rad would be easier. But easier isn't always better.

So Let Me Hear..... Whats your thoughts on the subject?:D

Back