• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Purrrrr

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
12,730
Ok, I finally managed to get all my machines back on a network, and able to connect online...

7 CPU's up and active here in the studio.
After living in the city for the year, all the background noise helps me feel
a little more at ease ;)

I'm starting to think it would be worth it to invest in panflo's and other silentpc type products...

Over the weekend I will look at clock speeds, and see how much i can bleed out of these boxen
 
GO K* GO!

My parents live in the country and I love the quiet, until bedtime because I can't sleep. ;)
 
My dog and I got so used to city life and sirens, traffic, etc...

When we moved here, and i finally brought my dog over, he growled at the sound of birds in the morning :)
 
AtomicMoose said:
You city folks are twisted...

Quite suburban life FTW! :)

Quite rural life. I loved being able to shoot skeet in backyard.
 
Spectre said:
Quite rural life. I loved being able to shoot skeet in backyard.
Even better... 'cept when a hospital visit is needed, and you die on the 45 minute ride to the hospital.
:eek:
 
AtomicMoose said:
Even better... 'cept when a hospital visit is needed, and you die on the 45 minute ride to the hospital.
:eek:

We had a hospital in the nearest town which was about 15 min's......but the good hospital was 45mins away :p
 
So K* do you have any real power in those cpu's or just really loud fans on them so you can sleep at night?
 
Well not much, i did the breakdown before

but have:
x2 3800+
amd 2600
3x p3 1ghz

couple p4 3ghz's crunching at work, and a amd 2200 at the girlfriends
 
KodiakStar said:
I'm starting to think it would be worth it to invest in panflo's and other silentpc type products...

Over the weekend I will look at clock speeds, and see how much i can bleed out of these boxen

Fold em nekkid with Arctic Cooling and Seasonic PSUs. :)

 
KodiakStar said:
Well not much, i did the breakdown before

but have:
x2 3800+
amd 2600
3x p3 1ghz

couple p4 3ghz's crunching at work, and a amd 2200 at the girlfriends
you got a couple of good machines there
 
KodiakStar said:
Well not much, i did the breakdown before

but have:
x2 3800+
amd 2600
3x p3 1ghz

couple p4 3ghz's crunching at work, and a amd 2200 at the girlfriends

Thats cool but I was still sorry to see the tower go....pix of that monster should be stickied for all newbs to see. It was an inspiration.

You'll have to ask K* to fix the pix. All that remain are the dreaded red X's.
 
AtomicMoose said:
Quite suburban life FTW! :)

All hail the suburbs. All the convenience of city life, with a quarter of the freaking people. :D Too bad I can't stand to have it too quiet, my computer room sounds like the server room at work, the hum of the fans, the blinking leds.... ahhhh. ;)

While the tower is gone, I think the majority of the parts have been pieces of give aways and such, so it's not gone, just redistributed. :D

 
Half the people? Not in this neck of the woods... try 2x the people :)

DC has over a million people who commute into work every day, then commute home...

I think the area i live i now is more population dense then the one I left!
 
Back
Top