Purple Computer

randyc

Best Person
Worklog coming soon, still ordering stuff from the egg...

I was asked by someone to build a purple computer. It is expected to last about five or six years from now...
current stuff going inside:

Lian-Li PC-65-USB-B2
Lite-On Beige 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Model LTR-52327S BEIGE
AeroCool"Glacier"CPU Cooler for Socket A/370,Retail
NEC FD1231H-304/FD1231H-305 1.44MB Floppy Drive, OEM
Western Digital Special Edition 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD800JB, OEM Drive Only
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700 - OEM
ABIT nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "AN7" -RETAIL
Sparkle Power 400W Power Supply MODEL FSP400-60PFN - OEM
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ "Barton", 400MHz FSB, 512K Cache Processor - OEM
Logitech Z-340 2.1 Speakers Retail

Lacking a case, something that can be easily painted (need help) purple.
Also, what are some tips on getting a good clean paintjob?
Also, need a powersupply, something with purple in it, or that can be modded to have purple.

And can someone recommend the best thing closest to a purple CCL? And they do make purple CCLS right?
They dont mind spending some money, just as long as everything is reliable.

We are going to also mod the LED's in the CD Drives to purple and so on.

-randyc

This is a forum for showing off your completed case....please post some pics or post in the Cool Cases forum instead. :p

Well basically any light-colored case would be easy enough to paint... and there are tons of painting guides/tutorials online.

As for purple cathodes, yes. Coolermaster makes them... I have one. It's a bit lighter than I was hoping for, but the best I've seen:
cathode.jpg

Coolermaster also makes purple LED fans, and they have both the fans and the cathodes at newegg.

PSU-wise, just take any ol' PSU and replace the fans in it with the purple LED fans I mentioned above...

thats bootyful (I cant spell the normal one right:) ) seraph. i think I may use yours as the "Inspiration"

Why did you say you need a powersupply when it says " Sparkle Power 400W Power Supply MODEL FSP400-60PFN - OEM" in your list? BTW I wouldn't put a sparkle power supply in my case when you are using such expensive components. Why don't you try out one of these? Link

Originally posted by MasiveMunkey
Why did you say you need a powersupply when it says " Sparkle Power 400W Power Supply MODEL FSP400-60PFN - OEM" in your list? BTW I wouldn't put a sparkle power supply in my case when you are using such expensive components. Why don't you try out one of these? Link

Jesus man most people don't need a 500w modular PSU. And none of those are even purple, so he'd just be spending twice as much on extra PSU the rig wouldn't even need - it doesn't seem like it's going to be overclocked, rigs that last five or six years don't get overclocked. I mean, shit, my friend power so much stuff on his Antec 350w and only upgraded because he got a good deal...

And randyc, thank you. There are a few more pics here.

heh, i was considering that power supply, but then forgot to remove it from the last...
someone told me sparkle was good...
maybe im dreaming.

anyone know of a good PSU with an acrylic body premodded?

edit: Dear lord Am I dumb...
ignore the fact i asked for a psu.

Back