• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Purchasing new WC gear, looking for general feedback

saintdude

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
38
Heya gang,

I finally have my new system in, setup and running smoothly so far. The problem? I want to overclock more and make less noise doing it. Shocker I know. :D

Anyways here's what I currently have case wise. Not "my" case per se, just a pic of one I borrowed and uploaded to my own host.

v2100.jpg


In this bad boy I am currently running:

MB: DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
CPU: 4000+ (2.4ghz) San Diego core
Mem: 2gb OCZ Platinum pc3200
Vid: eVGA 6800GT
HD: 73gb Western Digital Raptor
PSU: Antec NeoPower 480watt

The CPU and GPU are definately going to be water cooled and I'm giving serious thought to wc'ing the chipset as well since it's a little heat demon. I was looking to go with Innovatek for the most part (unless persuaded otherwise) as I've used their gear before and am relatively comfortable with them. Here's the list of stuff I'm looking at.

Innovatek XX-Flow
Innovatek NV40 GPU Cooler
Innovatek Fass-o-matic res + mounting bracket
Innovatek Innovarad 120mm radiator
Innovatek HPPS 12v pump

Chipset cooler is up in the air, I just don't know what to use since Innova doesn't have one and I know that the SLI is going to be a PITA in that aspect as well. I also don't have a fan picked out just yet but there are a million and one options there so I'm not worried.

I have a basic layout that I'm looking to use but I'm not sure if the innova rad will hold up to the stress of the A64, GF6 (bloody hot) as well as the chipset. I'm all ears folks. Shoot me down, whip me, beat me ... i might actually like it. ;)

Thanks,

SaintD
 
I don't know if you noticed but most of that stuff is out of stock.


I would seriously take a look at AquaComptuer goods. They have complete setups, cpu, gpu, nb, hard drive, etc so you don't need to mix and match. www.sharka.com has a very very large shipment of AC warez coming in early next week so I'd take a look. :)
 
And for a completely different view, go Danger Den!
A TDX, either a Maze4 GPU + RAMsinks or an NV-68, Maze4 Chipset, do it all 3/8s and use a DDC, or go 1/2" and wait a bit for the Laing D5. A black ice pro II or thermochill 120.2, some papst fans from my fs/t thread ;), some tygon, a t-line or res. if you prefer, and you're set, for less than an AC setup. I'm a big DD fan :D
 
Vertigo Acid said:
And for a completely different view, go Danger Den!
A TDX, either a Maze4 GPU + RAMsinks or an NV-68, Maze4 Chipset, do it all 3/8s and use a DDC, or go 1/2" and wait a bit for the Laing D5. A black ice pro II or thermochill 120.2, some papst fans from my fs/t thread ;), some tygon, a t-line or res. if you prefer, and you're set, for less than an AC setup. I'm a big DD fan :D
Based on his interest in Innovtek, he is more interested in looks than high performance large tubed systems. This seems to be the trend on this forum.

I can honestly tell you that I overclock just as well with my AC setup as I ever did with DD products. The only two blocks that did better, overclocking wise, were DTEK's WW and Cathar's G4. Hands down those are the two best blocks you can buy for overclocking.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Based on his interest in Innovtek, he is more interested in looks than high performance large tubed systems. This seems to be the trend on this forum.

I can honestly tell you that I overclock just as well with my AC setup as I ever did with DD products. The only two blocks that did better, overclocking wise, were DTEK's WW and Cathar's G4. Hands down those are the two best blocks you can buy for overclocking.

I'm actually NOT just interested in looks. I like the Innovatek gear based on ease of installation more than anything. My last WC setup with them was far from pretty to put it mildly.

Back to my original post. Can anyone tell me if this system can handle the 3 main chips /w OC'ing or is that pushing it too far?
 
saintdude said:
I'm actually NOT just interested in looks. I like the Innovatek gear based on ease of installation more than anything. My last WC setup with them was far from pretty to put it mildly.

Back to my original post. Can anyone tell me if this system can handle the 3 main chips /w OC'ing or is that pushing it too far?
You should be fine with that setup.
 
Back
Top