• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Purchasing an AP.... Need Help.

MAULxx

n00b
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
58
I'm going to be purchasing the Roku HD XR box & I want to stream both SD & HD content wirelessly from my bedroom to living room through 2 walls approx 20 feet distance.
I have a nice D-link "wired" router DGL-4100 that I currently use & would like to continue using.

I have always had a wired connection to everything so I'm a bit lost as to what AP I need. I would like set-up to be as painless as possible. Would it be better to stay with D-link for the AP?

Roku recommends these routers & Access Points.

WBR-2310 RangeBooster Wireless G router

DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router

DWL-2100AP AirPlus Xtreme G High Speed Wireless Access Point

EBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router

DGL-4100 Broadband Gigabit Gaming Router

DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router

DIR-628 Rangebooster N Dual Band Router

DIR-615 Wireless N Router

DIR-600 Wireless 150 Router

DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router

DWL-900AP+ Wireless B Access Point

The Roku HD XR works with 802.11n. Do I need 802.11n AP for this set-up?

Please advise me on some APs. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top