• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Purchasing a eVGA 6800 Ultra EE

reaver

n00b
Joined
May 8, 2001
Messages
53
I just purchased a 6800 Ultra for my system.

Specs are:

Asus a7n8x deluxe
athlon xp 2500@3200+ (edited, oops)
1024mb pc-3200
Currently radeon 9700 pro
sb audigy 2

I get an average of about 30-40 frames in Doom 3. The max resolution I can play at is 1280x1024 so the 1600x1200 benchmarks weren't of concern to me.

What kind of frames do you think I can expect from Doom 3 and games like Far Cry and Unreal Tournament 2004?
 
reaver said:
I just purchased a 6800 Ultra for my system.

Specs are:

Asus a7n8x deluxe
athlon xp 2500@3200+ (edited, oops)
1024mb pc-3200
Currently radeon 9700 pro
sb audigy 2

I get an average of about 30-40 frames in Doom 3. The max resolution I can play at is 1280x1024 so the 1600x1200 benchmarks weren't of concern to me.

What kind of frames do you think I can expect from Doom 3 and games like Far Cry and Unreal Tournament 2004?

EDIT (pre-submit): I was gonna do some mild flaming but I decided to let somebody else do it :)
 
If your max rez is 1280x1024 you really should have gotten the GT instead. You don't need the muscle of the Ultra and just in case you ever did the GT would most likely OCed there very easily.
 
I like to get the top end material whenever I upgrade. I want this card to hold me off for a while, ya know. I was looking into the GT though.
 
Your title says EE ? What does your post have to do with the nearly unattainable EE?
 
reaver said:
Extreme Edition... :confused:

This card exists, does it not?

Jeez. But nowhere in your post did you mention an 6800 Ultra Extreme is what he was trying to say. And what I was gonna flame on you about...along with some other odities in your post :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
First of all why ask us just look at the freakin front page of hardocp ... geez another mindless thread.
 
[flame suit]
you will get 1 MILLION FPS and it will wipe your ass too and if you did manage to get ahold of a EE then it will be 1 BILLION FPS and it will do otherthings for you ;) :eek:
[/flame suit]

read another thread for the love of forum space... use the search button if you have too!

bah!

goes berserk and kills thousands of children because YOU pushed ME over the edge with this post...

Shit why not just make a bot that will autorespond to these types of threads with the estimated FPS based on the specs??? that would save so much time

[pissed]
[/pissed]

whew!
 
yroc said:
[flame suit]
you will get 1 MILLION FPS and it will wipe your ass too and if you did manage to get ahold of a EE then it will be 1 BILLION FPS and it will do otherthings for you ;) :eek:
[/flame suit]

read another thread for the love of forum space... use the search button if you have too!

bah!

goes berserk and kills thousands of children because YOU pushed ME over the edge with this post...

Shit why not just make a bot that will autorespond to these types of threads with the estimated FPS based on the specs??? that would save so much time

[pissed]
[/pissed]

whew!
damn, good thing you didn't do anything while you were pissed.
 
The Batman said:
If your max rez is 1280x1024 you really should have gotten the GT instead. You don't need the muscle of the Ultra and just in case you ever did the GT would most likely OCed there very easily.

you Dumber there is something called future games..

and stop ****ing about OC....the Ultra can also can be OCed to UE which you can't even smell it with GT.
 
anger managment... i just counted down from 10 and it all went away... :)
 
A simple video card question turns into a bunch of flames from a bunch of fucking morons. Last time I ask for advice from here.
 
reaver said:
A simple video card question turns into a bunch of flames from a bunch of fucking morons. Last time I ask for advice from here.

Trust me you wont see any complaints about that from any of us :rolleyes: ;)
 
yroc said:
anger managment... i just counted down from 10 and it all went away... :)

You should really try flaming every once in awhile, good anger mangement there also :)
 
SoLiD_MasteR said:
you Dumber there is something called future games..

and stop ****ing about OC....the Ultra can also can be OCed to UE which you can't even smell it with GT.

Try to use your brain instead of your fingers [I know I know, it's against your religion but do it anyways], if you're running your games at that rez you really don't need the extra 1-2s frames an Oced Ultra would give you. The majority of Ultras crap out at about 450/1200, with the GTs hit 425/1100. The difference there is going to be a whole frame or 2, which at the lower rez will be moot.

In other words the GT OCs better since it's got greater headroom...did you get that...or should I slow down...maybe a word per post?

As for future games, there's nothing taxing on the horizon except for U3 and EQ2 in which case the difference between the GT and Ultra won't even matter, they're aimed at gfx cards 2 generations away from now.
 
Back
Top