Purchased Vista Ultimate from school

theDreamer

2[H]4U
Well this thread is worthless, was able to finally get in contact with the campus store and apparently they are not selling full copies of Vista Ultimate anymore and only upgrades. They said I should come back in and buy XP and upgrade my computer, no thanks.

Follow the sticky on this very subject and you'll be able to do a clean install.

Well this thread is worthless, was able to finally get in contact with the campus store and apparently they are not selling full copies of Vista Ultimate anymore and only upgrades. They said I should come back in and buy XP and upgrade my computer, no thanks.

What? What OS do you have now?

What? What OS do you have now?

I am starting from ground zero on a build and just wanted a full OEM version of Ultimate, which the school use to sell but not anymore apparently. So they suggested I just come in and pick up XP, install that, then use my upgrade DVD to install Vista.

I am starting from ground zero on a build and just wanted a full OEM version of Ultimate, which the school use to sell but not anymore apparently. So they suggested I just come in and pick up XP, install that, then use my upgrade DVD to install Vista.

As suggested, look around here. You'll find instructions on doing a full install with an Upgrade disc.

If you want to purchase a Vista OEM check out a place like NewEgg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=Vista+OEM

That's how I got it (vista64). No instruction needed. Just put it in your DVD player & follow prompts.

No reason at all to start off with XP.

Yeah, I found the thread, going to have to read through it and see how it works out.

It's fairly straight forward actually. I have used the exploit myself. I am running the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate x64. Good stuff and saved about $150 not going straight for the full version when it came out.

It's fairly straight forward actually. I have used the exploit myself. I am running the upgrade version of Vista Ultimate x64. Good stuff and saved about $150 not going straight for the full version when it came out.

Well my problem now is that my school only sells the 32bit OS and I need the 64bit, so I might have to actually buy a full version from online (which is fine).

Well my problem now is that my school only sells the 32bit OS and I need the 64bit, so I might have to actually buy a full version from online (which is fine).

No you don't, all you have to do is call up MS ask to get the 64 bit disc and be on your way. You'll have to wait a week though. Or you can buy it online. Your choice.

No you don't, all you have to do is call up MS ask to get the 64 bit disc and be on your way. You'll have to wait a week though. Or you can buy it online. Your choice.

Number, I heard you could do this online but I thought that was online with no upgraded versions of Vista, can I do this online still though? If so, link maybe? :)

Number, I heard you could do this online but I thought that was online with no upgraded versions of Vista, can I do this online still though? If so, link maybe? :)

I believe that this is the number: (800)-426-9400. If that doesn't get you to the store than ask for them to transfer you. Easy as pie!

Or follow DeaconFrost's link, I prefer talking to someone than doing it all online.

I just called and they stated because I purchased from my school (at a discount) they are unable to do anything. They even entered the product key into their system and said it does not show the option to send out a 64bit DVD.

Do you have any friends you could borrow an x64 DVD from? As long as you have a legit key for your computer, you will be fine.

hehe down with EULA's!!

I run vista x64 with a vista 32bit OEM key and it works fine, who says you need ot listen to M$ damn rules... :D

hehe down with EULA's!!

I run vista x64 with a vista 32bit OEM key and it works fine, who says you need ot listen to M$ damn rules... :D

Yeah , hehe , being a thief is quite funny.

But then to state it publicly...that's quite sad.

You can use the upgrade disc to do a full install. Just put the disc in and install, but do not enter a product code and just select the version you have. After you are in windows, put the dvd back in and select 'upgrade' from the menu, after it 'upgrades' you, then enter activation code and delete the windows.old file. If you want to use x64, just find someone that has the disc and use that instead. If it's a full version, even better, just put your code in.

Back