PunkBuster Related BF2 Issue

Skrying

2[H]4U
My wife's cousin just recently had me build him a new computer and he has been waiting it for BF2 for a good while now, well I completed the computer about a week ago and he bought BF2. He installed it and got all the newest patches.

This is where the issue comes in. When he joins a server that has punkbuster enabled he freezes as soon as he selects what class he wants to be, the screen simply freezes.

Now here's what I've tried so far in order to get this issue figured out: I've had him reinstall, try downloading the patches from different locations, I've had him run PBsetup and manually update the punk buster files, I've had him install different patches (such as a full 1.2 patch and not doing incrementals and vice versa), he got the game a few days after patch 1.2 came out, didnt work then, he tried it today with patch 1.21, still didnt work.

As you can see, I dont know how to fix this now. I've tried EVERYTHING in order to fix this that I can even guess.

If its any help for those looking to help, his computer is copmrised as:

A54 3200+
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
1GB of Corsair Value Select
160GB SATA WD HD
XFX 6600 PCIe 128MB

He's using onboard sound. I'm thinking its a PB issue with the hardware, but I've never heard of it, and even some very hardcore BF2 players I know dont have a clue about it.

i had a problem with pk and cod ... this is my old post

zacas said:
well i think i just solved my problem after a month lol ... right after i posted this i went back to and old thread i was following and i found an answer

http://hardwareforum.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=120&highlight=punkbuster

the last page .. i reinstalled nforce 4 drivers and didnt select ide or firewall items

i knew it was pb because game worked fine on sp mp (non pb servers)
and it happens in games that have punkbuster as u can see in the thread ....

some had a problem with ati video card drivers and some like me with nforce4 mb

thanks for the replies ...

try reinstalling your nforce 4 drivers ... looks like you have a nforce 4 motherboard

worked for me ... might help you ... i don't know if the ide or firewall items had anything to do with it ... could have been just a clean install ....

Did you have to completely remove your old drivers or did you just reinstall them over the previous installation?

Back