• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pump selection, low noise high heat

MaddogJedi

n00b
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3
I am looking for a suggestion for a pump to buy. I will be mounting in a Lian-Li V2000 so I have space. My primary concerns are:
- Noise: I want the system quiet
- Adequate presure: I will be cooling an AMD FX60, 2x7800GTX, and NB/SB on an A8N

Price is no object.

I have searched the threads and it looks like my choices are:
Liang D5 pump
Swiftech 655
Eheim ?

I am flexible when it comes to tube ID size and will choose the tubes and blocks that match the pump I choose. My main goal is to only have fans on the rad and keep noise to a minimum. What would you buy in this situation?
 
Liang DDC 12V / Swiftech 350. Quieter than the 655/D5 with nearly the same head and can be modified to give better flow than the Eheim.

Cost is about the same as the D5, about $10 more than the Eheim and it's tiny and easy to work with.
 
one DDC pump, two if you can afford it.

they are not as quiet as some of the eheim units, however they offer substantially better performance, and should still run quieter than your HDDs, for instance.
 
price is no object...get two DDC's :D

Then pay someone who is good with tools to mod both of the pumps with the straight through intake to increase the flow :)
 
Back
Top