Pump/Reservoir Mounting Option help

Light1984

Gawd
Not sure if I should put this here or water cooling but I'm curious if any of you seasoned veterans have an elegant solution to Mounting this Aquacomputer Ultitube. I would like to mount it where it is in the first picture, but the BeQuiet 802 just has plastic panels where I have it. I'm sure it will rattle to high heaven if I just mount it on these plastic plates. There is nothing below them, open for mounting a fan below. I don't really want to do a fan mount bracket there because I'd like to keep the plates to focus some flow from the front to the PSU. Let me know your thoughts. I could make a custom bracket to mount it at the rear, but wonder if there is something I'm missing before going that route. TIA

PXL_20201224_231532609.jpg
PXL_20201224_231539325.jpg

Are you considering a mount on the bottom panel or the right side? Im not sure where the plastic panels are in your case. Im assuming the bottom from the looks of how your res is positioned in the pics. If so, is there a way to more securely attache the panels with rubber or foam gaskets or washers to isolate vibrations? With both the panel and the pump mount?
Otherwise the easiest least obtrusive(and likely quietest) mount would be to get a 120mm fan mount in front :(

Are you considering a mount on the bottom panel or the right side? Im not sure where the plastic panels are in your case. Im assuming the bottom from the looks of how your res is positioned in the pics. If so, is there a way to more securely attache the panels with rubber or foam gaskets or washers to isolate vibrations? With both the panel and the pump mount?
Otherwise the easiest least obtrusive(and likely quietest) mount would be to get a 120mm fan mount in front :(
Yea, was thinking on the bottom like it sits in the first picture. Not really any way to put any sort of anti vibration components in the plastic panels with how they clip in. The 120 mount on the front would work except I trimmed all the 120 mounting points out since I'm using 140mm fans. Wanted more air flow and less obstruction. I suppose I could get a 140 mm mount. Might try to figure some way to mount it towards the back but there are also plastic clip in pieces to deal with there.

Leave the panel out and mount the pump/reservoir on the bottom of the case, another option. That is what I did with my Fractal case since the front mounted 360mm radiator goes from top to bottom anyways. The pump has rubber feet for sound isolation it looks like.

Back