• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pump Relay Question

Shadowman9876

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
220
I was looking at the Criticool powerplant relay card to turn my pump on an off with my system, but it is kind of expensive, and I was looking at the Hydor l30, and to hook tis up to the relay I would have to cut the power cord and strip the wires. Is there any alternative to this?
 
If you dont want to cut your pump cable , just add a connector from a power cord, or one you buy at home depot or such store.
 
One alternative is to put your pump on a powerstrip, as well as your ps. Fairly common. Myself prefer the criticool, cant be bothered futzing with a powerstrip switch. I like to use keyboard to turn my system on/off, including the pump.
 
Originally posted by Shadowman9876
What kind of connector are you talking about?

I cut the end off of a cheap, three-pronged extension cord.
 
Back
Top