Pump positioning

Kinyin

n00b
Does the pump need to be at the bottom, below everything else so that the cooling liquid flows down to it via gravity? Or can I set it above and the pump will suck the water in? MCP355 is the pump.

Does the pump need to be at the bottom, below everything else so that the cooling liquid flows down to it via gravity? Or can I set it above and the pump will suck the water in? MCP355 is the pump.

you dont want to let your pump run dry, so usually the best place is the lowest, but u could put it at a level equal with some other devices as long as the res is at the same height as it afaik

Gravity will be negligible compared to the flow rate the pump induces. The main thing to be concerned about is making sure it's not at the highest point in your system as any air in your loop will tend to migrate there. I have an MCP350/res that's mounted in my third (of four) 5-1/4 bay and it runs like a champ.

Back