Pump broken?

SiDiuS

Weaksauce
I have a dd cpx pro pump and I just finished installing my wc setup. When I turn the pump on with the res completely full it makes a weird cycling noise and the inlet is barely pulling water from the reservoir and its going extremely slow, its more like a drip than anything, the tube is not even filling up with water completely from the res to the pump, its trickling down the tubing to the pump. it looks like its actually pushing water out of the inlet side. I have the 3 pin connection hooked up to a molex connection on the psu. any idea why its doing this? Do I have a bad pump?

Yes Ive primed it numerous times, the res is directly above the pump too

When I turn the pump on with the res completely full it makes a weird cycling noise and the inlet is barely pulling water from the reservoir and its going extremely slow, its more like a drip than anything, the tube is not even filling up with water completely from the res to the pump, its trickling down the tubing to the pump.

That's your problem right here. That tubing from the reservoir to the pump should be completely filled with water at all times.

The inlet has a back pressure it seems like, its not allowing the water to freely flow in like it should.

You have massive amounts of air trapped in the loop.

Just move the reservoir up as high as you can "temporarily" to let the air out of the system and keep filling till you get all the air out.
I'm betting your reservoir is lower than the pump and radiator, watter is heavy so it falls to the lowest point.

You have massive amounts of air trapped in the loop.

Just move the reservoir up as high as you can "temporarily" to let the air out of the system and keep filling till you get all the air out.
I'm betting your reservoir is lower than the pump and radiator, watter is heavy so it falls to the lowest point.

Couldnt you have the rad above the res and pump tho if you took one of the top parts off the res so air could get out that way? I was thinking that i would just leave one of my top ports open and let the water fall down to the pump and turn it on and drain the res then refill it and repeat that until it is pretty much full of water in the loop and res? Just wondering still new here

Couldnt you have the rad above the res and pump tho if you took one of the top parts off the res so air could get out that way? I was thinking that i would just leave one of my top ports open and let the water fall down to the pump and turn it on and drain the res then refill it and repeat that until it is pretty much full of water in the loop and res? Just wondering still new here

That is exactly what I do, and it's never failed for me.

My CPU block and radiator are both above the reservoir, but the pump is below. The pump has enough power to push the water up through the loop, but as soon as the inlet tubing becomes full of air, it cannot pump anymore. At this point, you shut the pump off, fill the reservoir again, and turn the pump back on when you get all the air out of the inlet.

Mangy u were right, It had a ot of air, after priming numerous times again trying different angles and tilting the case it started working properly, thanks

Back