Pull the trigger on getting a 2007WFP or wait?

I want to order a 2007WFP, but I'm wondering if I should order now or wait for a better deal. Currently its costs $367, but I am wondering if I hold out a couple more weeks if the price will be better. Also, does anyone have any stackable coupons I could have?

The 2407 just went back up to $45 (it was $704). The 2007 might do the same (it'll eventually go back down again though)

I dont think stackable coupons work when the 2007WFP is on sale on the website.

This monitor goes on sale basically every other week for around the same amount. Always about 90 bucks off the standard price. If you get it now or a month from now, it'll probably be the same.

I got my first one when it was a hundred off retail price, and I picked up my second when it was at the same price you're looking at now. All I can say is why hold out for a month when you could have it in a week. It's worth the extra 10 bucks you *might* save by waiting.

So you guys think this is better than waiting for a 30"-er?

Although the 30" would be way more pricey...

Decisions, decisions....

I'm waiting for the 2007wfp to appear on the dell deal. So far 5 days of deals and no 2007wfp yet. :mad:

Why does dell charge sales tax? I live in Texas. No other online store charges sales tax?

DarkfallFan said:
Why does dell charge sales tax? I live in Texas. No other online store charges sales tax?
*cough*

Dell is a Texas original dude. Their corporate offices are in Round Rock. ;)

Ahhh...well damn.

I never payed any attention to dell until I started looking for monitors.

Well i ordered it yesterday for the 367, and i just have one quick question. If I was wanted to use it as a TV, what would I have to buy?

DocHolliday said:
Well i ordered it yesterday for the 367, and i just have one quick question. If I was wanted to use it as a TV, what would I have to buy?
Nothing, it's got composite and svideo inputs on it.

DocHolliday said:
Nm, i'd need to buy a TV tuner, anyone have any good reccomendations that are on the cheap side?

digital cable box for the win?

i really want the 2007 but 340-367 seems like a lot for a 16ms monitor.. now if it were an 8ms panel i'd be all over it and it would seem like a much better deal.. :(

Techx said:
if it were an 8ms panel i'd be all over it and it would seem like a much better deal.. :(

Ugh...

http://www.behardware.com/articles/619-1/updated-survey-13-lcd-20-5-6-8-16-ms.html

Another surprise, the pictures report an excellent behaviour for the Dell monitor, comparable to the Nec 20WGX² with its 6ms IPS panel.

The reaction time of this monitor is in fact identical to P-MVA 8 ms monitors. In clone mode and with games, it is difficult to differentiate between the two because similar rendering (except if you take into account viewing angles).

yeah, i live in houston and when I ordered my 19" I called them and got 35% off and a 30$ coupon , free shipping, and It got to me in one day because round rock is about 2 hours from here.....if your a repeat customer then call them and haggle

MJCfromCT said:
Ugh...

http://www.behardware.com/articles/619-1/updated-survey-13-lcd-20-5-6-8-16-ms.html

Another surprise, the pictures report an excellent behaviour for the Dell monitor, comparable to the Nec 20WGX² with its 6ms IPS panel.

The reaction time of this monitor is in fact identical to P-MVA 8 ms monitors. In clone mode and with games, it is difficult to differentiate between the two because similar rendering (except if you take into account viewing angles).

Thx for the link, that's very interesting.. so it's a 16mb panel that performs like a 8ms panel, who woooda thunk it :D

Exactly...I guess the point that this article makes is that you should just judge a panel by the posted response time. There isn't a standard way of determining response time, different manufacturers measure it in different ways. The best way to judge if a panel is "good" when it comes to response time is to read reviews on it, or see it in person yourself.

I was thinking they just listed it as 16ms so they could switch panels anytime they wanted without false advertising and the customer knowing they switched panels.

I did some research with regards to the Dell 16ms S-IPS panel being as good as an 8ms panel.

Basically it IS a 16ms but because of the panel type and the way the time is measured, it actually performs like a 8ms TN panel (which is what most LCDs carry).

If you look up panel types and such on Wikipedia, you'll find the same info.

Back