Public Folders, receiving messages as Posts, instead of E-Mails?

sdotbrucato

[H]ard|Gawd
okay once again probably a very simple and noobish question.

i'm running SBS 2003 SP2 R2 (so exchange 2003, outlook 2003, OWA)

I went into the Exchange System Manager and created a new public folder.
Set the E-mail addresses to info@/scheduler@/[email protected] and all of these addresses are going into the folder as planned, and all staff can see the e-mails.

Now the issue. They are apparently being dumped into the folder as "Posts" so we cant reply to the e-mails and such. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this not happen.

So if anyone knows of any sites or tutorials it would be great. or just simply how to do it. i've searched for about an hour, can't find anything.

there is a script that will convert the public folder into mail items instead of post items... i looked into it and it looked pretty complex and not something i really wanted to implement - not overly keen on running scripts where i dont fully understand what they are doing!

for info, the original article is here:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html

and the script is here:

http://www.cdolive.net/download/StoreEvent-ChangeMessageClass.zip

i've not found that you cant reply to them though? within the message there are two reply options - 'post reply' which just goes back to the public folder, and by the side of it a standard 'reply' which launches a new email back to the original sender...

i suppose the only problem with this is, however, is that the reply message then goes directly from the person who opened the message in the public folder rather than from the public folder itself... depends if that matters or not. oh, and i've yet to find a way within owa to reply to the messages too as there doesnt appear to be the second reply option.

would be very interested to hear if you implement that script successfully!

Yeah i found that link, tried my damnest and came up with a "connection error" decided I've fiddled too much, best to leave it be.

I was doing all my testing in OWA when I said that we cant reply to the e-mails. A lot of the office staff prefers to use everything through IE, and hardly use Outlook. :confused: But when I logged into Outlook via RPC over HTTPS I saw that I could reply... weird if you ask me.

Maybe someone here knows an easier way to take care of this pesky problem,

Back