• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

psu won't turn off

KainXS

n00b
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
12
so my system has run fine for a long time but today I noticed after I removed a case fan, the fans were running and the system was off, so I unplug it and soon as I plug it in the thing turns on without the power button. So I unplug the 24 pin and cpu connector and do it again and it does it without the motherboard or power switch connected and anything connected via molex or anything connected the the psu is powered also but the psu runs fine other than that but it does give off a high pitch sound when on.

anyone had this problem before, do you think its fixable.

Psu is a Thermaltake Purepower 600W
 
Sounds like a short. RMA if possible.

Does it still run if you hit the black power switch on the back of the power supply? If not, that just may be your new way of shutting off your computer. Either that, or getting used to standby instead.
 
Did the machine try to go to sleep?

On a few (older though) motherboards I've seen the fans stay on when the machine went to sleep, and there was a BIOS setting to change. I've also had my machine hang once trying to sleep... I think I clicked by mistake and effectively woke it the instant it went out, and it shit the bed. I just got spinning fans with a completely unresponsive machine until I switched it off for a couple minutes, just turning it off and on again didn't fix it, I had to wait a bit, strangely.
 
Back
Top