• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PSU woes

Pagan Wizard

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 12, 2002
Messages
2,634
I toasted yet another PSU, I just got around to testing it today. I originally thought it was the MOBO after swapping out the CPU and still no post. This evening I went to remove my DVD/RW to use in another rig, and decided to test the PSU.....whodathunkit........one of the lights on the tester isn't lighting up. Seems every 500+ Watt PSU I have ever bought has either died, or died and taken the rest of the computer with it. Problem is......with a powerfull video card, an OC'ed CPU, 2 optical drives, and 4 HDD's, I need a power house PSU. I would prefer one with a 120mm fan, and it must be relatively quiet.........I am not saying silent, just low noise. Any suggestions??
 
I should have also added that I would prefer a modular PSU, so I can avoid wires that I do not need without voiding out the warrantee
 
OP, Rosewill PSUs, in one word, are crap. Forget the reviews on Newegg.
 
I know, but I can't see where aesthetics could possibly take precedence or common sense over quality, but it's not my money or my rig to put something like a Rosewill in.

Just trying to to get a *quality* psu-vs-something of lesser quality that *looks* pretty.

Sphere
 
davidhammock200 said:
What is the budget?

I would like to keep it under $125



dBTelos said:
If you like the Zeus, they have a 520W model that is more then enough for your system.

http://tinyurl.com/fzwku
Silverstone Zeus 520W w/ SLi

I'm sure you can find it somewhere on newegg.

Sounds nice, but it is missing 2 key components I was looking for.....

1---A 120mm fan.....yes I know 2 80's will give me more air flow, but they will also create more noise. I already have ample air flow, I really don't need more.

2---Modular wire system.....Some people will say that thatis just for show, in fact, the fewer wires you have, the better your air flow is. I could do some tricks with wire management, but why bother when I can have a PSU that allows me to avoid wires I don't need??
 
Pagan Wizard said:
I would like to keep it under $125





Sounds nice, but it is missing 2 key components I was looking for.....

1---A 120mm fan.....yes I know 2 80's will give me more air flow, but they will also create more noise. I already have ample air flow, I really don't need more.

2---Modular wire system.....Some people will say that thatis just for show, in fact, the fewer wires you have, the better your air flow is. I could do some tricks with wire management, but why bother when I can have a PSU that allows me to avoid wires I don't need??

Well if you aren't running SLI you could look into the SuperFlower Plug-N 550w. http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?src=FG&item=58885
 
Back
Top