• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PSU voltage

coffee33

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
1,088
I have a brand new PSU that just shuts off, then comes back on after a few seconds.

I installed speed fan and took a peak at volts. My - side looks perfect, it's my +volts that are all crazy. My =12v is running 15.66, my -5v is running 1.68. Just to name the first two.

My question is: What is the - vs the +?
Is this normal or bad?

Thank you all very much for your help! :(
 
No software in the world measure PSU voltage correctly.

You need to use an actual digital multimeter to measure PSU voltages.
 
No software in the world measure PSU voltage correctly.

You need to use an actual digital multimeter to measure PSU voltages.

Ah, ok.

I will just ship it back then. I have had problems with it since the day I plugged it in and I had to switch the back on and off on and off a few times to get it to turn on. I just hate RMAing because I will be without a computer.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
Thank you :)
 
Back
Top