PSU toggle switch turns computer half on

oakfox

n00b
A few days ago, my computer froze up on me (very unusual, never have had problems with it until now), and forced me to shut down by holding in the power button. It was late, so I left the rig off and went to bed. Next day, I went to boot it up and nothing. I decided to test the outlet in another room, so I moved it out to my living room and toggled the PSU switch on (on the back of the PSU).

The fans spin up as soon as the toggle is flipped to on but the mobo does not post, no beeps or anything. Display does not come up. Obviously this is strange that the PSU toggle would turn anything on by itself to begin with.

Like I said before, my computer was rock solid up until this point, no problems whatsoever, and now I cant even boot it up :( Please help, I've got freelance clients freaking out in the meantime and I have no idea what's wrong.

Here's my specs:

amd fx-60
asus a8n32-sli
hiper 500w psu
vfx 7900GT
2 gb g.skill mem

most likely the PSU is dead or somehow damaged. I had the same problem before. Just make is easy on yourself an buy a new psu.
I recommend the OCZ GameXStream 700watt PSU or any of those Corsair PSUs

A short is another possibility. I'd pull the board and power supply and test them on a non-conductive surface (cardboard works great for this)

you could always unplug everything, let it sit, pray to God it works later :D

lmao...jk :cool: :D

Back