• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU recommendation for new build

Stevarian

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
502
I am in the process of putting together a new build. I would like a modular power supply so I can use just the cables I need. I currently have a 2 year old Corsair TX750 which has been great. I will be leaving that in my current system.

The system I am thinking about will use the ASUS Maximus Formula VII Z97 board, the i5-4690k cpu, and for now just one GTX 970, but may get a 2nd for SLI. I will have an SSD for boot drive, and 1 or 2 HDD, and a DVD drive. I will also be using a full-tower or mid-tower case I will likely be doing some overclocking.

I was thinking of the Corsair HX 750i, but the more I read, it seems that would be overkill as I would likely not need 750w. I would like to have at least a Gold certified PSU.

Thanks!
 
Sorry, that would be good information to have...:eek:....and thanks for the responses!

My budget would be up to $150, and I really would like to have a fully modular PSU.

I will check out the units you guys mentioned, thanks again!
 
Back
Top