PSU problems with 20 -24 pin connector?

damstr

[H]ard|Gawd
currently i have a 510 deluxe with an AGP x800 and 20 pin Abit AV8, and im upgrading to a 7800GTX with a DFi lanparty. now what i would like to know is if i will be able to use everything fine with no problems at all. i was looking looking on PCP & C, and didn't see a PCI-E connector on the PSU unless i missed it, and will i be able to use this PSU on the 24 pin DFi lanparty?
i guess this belongs in the PSU thread but the problem is with the mobo power connector.
-thanks

the dfi board will run with a 20pin ATX connector, just make sure you plug in the 4 pin 12v, the molex, and the floppy connectors to the board, and as far as the PCI-e, the video card will probably come with an adapter

snowwie said:
the dfi board will run with a 20pin ATX connector, just make sure you plug in the 4 pin 12v, the molex, and the floppy connectors to the board, and as far as the PCI-e, the video card will probably come with an adapter
alright i gotta hope the XFX 7800GTX comes with some sort of adaptor.
thanks, oh and is there a way to tell which way the connector plugs in just so i dont screw it up?

yeah, in fact, you should use two molex connectors from seperate wire leads on the psu

Back