psu, ontop of the case

GooG

Gawd
mounting the psu on top of the case, that way if it blows, it doesnt take your mobo ect with it?

just an idea, i may try it

Unless you're talking about an actual explosion the physical location of the PSU matters very little. When it blows, there's a chance of overvoltage on any of the lines. That's the danger, not physical damage from fires or anything.

If the PSU is connected to the mobo or whatever else it may be connected to, it can fry those components. Putting it on the outside of your case won't do anything.

A PSU doesn't blow up (like a bomb) very often either. :D

No. If it were an Al Queda PSU it would hijack your computer and use it to attack the internet.

GooG said:
mounting the psu on top of the case, that way if it blows, it doesnt take your mobo ect with it?

just an idea, i may try it

LOL, I love these ideas. It's just like the guy who thought he could make his computer as cold as space if he sucked out all the air in it so that'd it be a vacuum...

Of course then, there'd be no air to conduct heat (aside from radiation) so all his components would fry from insulation. Having a vacuum doesn't = cold like space LOL

Computer components aside from capacitors rarely "blow up" in the sense of explosion and even in the case of capacitors, it's more like a leak or small splash of fluid. A blown PSU means overvoltage which means anything that's connected electrically could be damaged along with it.

Back