PSU Keeps dieng out

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, recently my computer has suddenly been shutting down or absolutely no reason. I've traced the problem to my Antec TruePower 380watt power supply. It seems that if the ATX cable is moved even slightly, the computer completely shuts down, but awkwardly the front led lights remain on. At this point the only way to turn it back on is to shut the switch on the power supply on and then off again.

Honestly, this is not the first time this has happened to me with Antec power supplys, though in the past I had assumed it was due to my tight cable management effecting the wires. But this time, the cable which comes from the power supply goes straight to the motherboard with no routing of any kind to hinder the cables or connector.

I'm sure this isn't normal, has anyone else experienced this or any reason why this is happening? I don't want to risk the rest of my system on this faulty power supply, so any recomendations on how to fix it would be appreciated, if not could you recommend another worthy brand?

Thanks.

Old Antec TP's are...well scary. I'd just head over to a B&M asap and get a EarthWatt/Corsair if you need something tonight. No reason to keep putting your entire system at risk.

Back