PSU help

hey all, searching for a PSU that will cover basicly these specs, with a few moding aspects thrown in ( uv/cc lights, diodes). if anyone has any suggestions, let me know, thanks

CPU: A65 SD

Mobo: DFI

Gcard: 6800 GT

Scard: audigy

Case: cooler master

HD: 120gig 7200rpm

Heatsink/fan ( arctic silver 5 of course ;) ): thermalright and fan

Perfuribly look good, and be quite, price range, nothing over the top ( around 100)

What do you want it to do? Look good, be quiet, etc. And what is your price point?

I suggest the Logisys PS500CLA PSU. It looks nifty, It's cost efficient, but more importantly I read several reviews that all say that this is a very stable PSU. The reviews also included that it's pretty heavy (for the case being half lexan). (this is good) It has fairly large capcitors and a pretty big heatsink. I think this is a well built supply.

I recently ordered one from zipzoomfly for $42.99.

Az2 said:
I suggest the Logisys PS500CLA PSU. It looks nifty, It's cost efficient, but more importantly I read several reviews that all say that this is a very stable PSU. The reviews also included that it's pretty heavy (for the case being half lexan). (this is good) It has fairly large capcitors and a pretty big heatsink. I think this is a well built supply.

I recently ordered one from zipzoomfly for $42.99.

Links? Somehow I doubt that they were good reviews. And lexan......ummmmm...........

Edit: just looked up the pics of that PSU.....oh my EMI goodness :eek:

Well, this PSU can't be worse than my current Raidmax with voltages all over the place.

Az2 said:
Well, this PSU can't be worse than my current Raidmax with voltages all over the place.
It could, actually. :p

They're both pretty much generic doorstops, just the Logisys seems to be an expensive one.

Well, the reviews were good and they're not on the list of unscrupulus PSU companies.

Az2 said:
I MOST CERTAINLY AGREE that the review you gava a link to is a FAR better review.

BUT!

They didn't review the PSU in question. They didn't review anything like it.

That is true.....but what that does is show you how a real review should be conducted. If it isn't conducted in this manner the review is worthless.

Spectre said:
That is true.....but what that does is show you how a real review should be conducted. If it isn't conducted in this manner the review is worthless.

I don't agree that a review is worthless if it isn't conducted in exactly this manner. Yes, I do agree that it isn't as worthy, but it is CERTAINLY better than nothing.

I perhaps shouldn't have reccomended this PSU yet. Correct

I shouldn't reccomend or dismiss it until I have first hand experience with it.

No, I certainly would not use this PSU in a new top of the line build, but my PC should be much less of a strain for this PSU.

Az2 said:
I don't agree that a review is worthless if it isn't conducted in exactly this manner. Yes, I do agree that it isn't as worthy, but it is CERTAINLY better than nothing.

Exactly that manner no. Xbit labs has a good procedure, as does SlCentral, SilentPC Review, Trusted (obviously) and believe it or not MaxPc. Now the standard PSU review of a static config and pulling voltages with MBM5 or BIOS or even just a Multimeter doesnt tell me anything. I can get a Powmax or Deer to pass a test like that...........

THe problem with that test is it doesn't tell you what will happen when things change. Input voltage fluctuates, or dips, or you run it 24/7 or if you load one rail to it's limit but don't load others. The key is a good PSU will handle those situations were as a Deer, Powmax, etc.....won't.

Well, I have received/installed the PSU.

It appears to be made to a higher quality than my old Raidmax.

I don't know yet if I made the right decision to go with this PSU, but it's CERTAINLY better than my old one.

(the voltages are much more stable)

Back