• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PSU Have enough Molex connectors?

p0stal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
381
Alright I jus bought a Raidmax Scorpio 668W and I think I might have a problem. The case comes with a 420W PSU that has 6 molex connectors. Well I have 6 case fans, the front LEDs run off of a molex, and im waiting for my SATA HDD, CD-ROM, eVGA 6800nu, and im getting a AMD 64 3200+. My question is...will I be able to get all of this to work?? All of my case fans have the little lead off secondary connector...But I'm not sure how I'm going to wire everything to make it work. Should I just buy a new Power Supply? If so, which one. If not, any suggestions on wiring?
Any help is appreciated.
 
You can always get adapters. Fans usually don't draw enough power to strain a rail on their own, as long as you go realistically.
 
I personaly would never use a molex splitter on a generic power supply.. get your self a quality supply!!!
 
Alright....its sounding like I should just get a new PSU. Any suggestions?

++EDIT++ I read the "Read this before posting about what PSU to buy" thread and I'm looking at the Fortron 530W Power Supply, Model "FSP530-60GNA" from newegg. Anyone have experience with this particular Power Supply? How many 4-pin molex connectors does it have?
Thanks for the help.
 
Well I would but, the only way I get parts off of newegg is by using my friends paypal account. The PC P&C website doesnt let you use paypal as a payment option. Oh well, I might Just buy that Fortron that I listed in my above post. Also I really don't have $219 to spend on a PSU...I just want to get all of my computer parts first.
 
ha your looking for more connectors and im looking for fewer. i like to have only a couple and run extentions to it. makes it a lot cleaner
 
Back
Top